Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That Gorillaz Lady and Other Weirdos

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I haven't seen much of her.  I mean, I see her around, but not like she once was.  What's her deal anyway?  I've never heard of anyone like that with a cartoon.  People on this site are weird.  Not just her.  Others, too.

ETA - Ok, I realize that she's a well liked member here on the site and everyone has something positive to say on her behalf.  I meant no offense, I was just curious.  I have never encountered anyone like that before. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Who does she have a crush on? Lol I totally have a crush in a cartoon character too! Lol
Aislin
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Yep she's raising a kid and doing a damn good job of it too. She an amazing, smart, funny, intelligent woman. She is also a very talented writer. She gives great, insightful advice and has more compassion and empathy than most people I know. If that's abnormal then I'll take abnormal any day. 

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Quoting Anonymous:

She just seems odd to me.  I guess it's the cartoon thing.  Makes me wonder about what other moms are like behind closed doors.  This lady is raising a kid and stuff, ya know?  Doesn't seem normal to me.  Maybe I'm just really sheltered.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I know who you mean & she's a very intelligent lady. She really does give good advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I have the hots for Steve from Blues Clues.

Quoting randi1978:

I have a crush on a cartoon character, write fan fiction, do fan art, etc.  Apparently, it's abnormal for my age and stage in life (being a parent).  Dunno, actually.  I'm just being me.

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

Oh hi! I kinda know you (i lurk cm a lot lol)

Why are you weird? (Supposedly)

Quoting randi1978:

You might be surprised at how normal I am.

I have a few quirks, everyone does.  I don't see how that makes me anymore weird than the next person.  I'm just a bit more open about it.

Shabbydoll78
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I agree 100% with this.

Randi is easily one of the best human beings I have encountered on this site. She is just genuinely a nice, good person. 

Quoting Aislin:

Yep she's raising a kid and doing a damn good job of it too. She an amazing, smart, funny, intelligent woman. She is also a very talented writer. She gives great, insightful advice and has more compassion and empathy than most people I know. If that's abnormal then I'll take abnormal any day. 

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Quoting Anonymous:

She just seems odd to me.  I guess it's the cartoon thing.  Makes me wonder about what other moms are like behind closed doors.  This lady is raising a kid and stuff, ya know?  Doesn't seem normal to me.  Maybe I'm just really sheltered.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I know who you mean & she's a very intelligent lady. She really does give good advice.

TexasWife
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Don't hide your pride. :) I know people make fun of people who like twilight so it was a easy example. Some people think moms shouldn't like it. I do. I am not like super crazy but I do enjoy twilight.

Quoting cherib82:

Awwwwww why you gotta bring twilight into it? *hides team Jacob Stuff

Quoting TexasWife:

So because she likes this character makes her unfit to be a parent? That is like saying "Oh because you like twilight you don't deserve kids." "Oh you like pasta. Well, I hope you don't have kids." Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Explain it to me please.  I have never met an adult who admits so freely about having a crush on a cartoon.  And why Murdoc?  Of all the cartoons out there in the world, you have the hots for him?  Does your kid know about it?  Anyone in the real world? 

Quoting randi1978:

I have a few quirks, everyone does.  I don't see how that makes me anymore weird than the next person.  I'm just a bit more open about it.

nautired
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Can I see a pic o the cartoon crush please? Maybe he's really hot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Yes, she has a cartoon obsession but otherwise she's pretty ''normal'' and gives good advice.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

You could always come over to Mutiny and get to know her. We have a writer's forum where some of her work is posted. She is a really talented writer. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Explain it to me please.  I have never met an adult who admits so freely about having a crush on a cartoon.  And why Murdoc?  Of all the cartoons out there in the world, you have the hots for him?  Does your kid know about it?  Anyone in the real world? 

Quoting randi1978:

ShannyLouisiany
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. people with children shouldn't have hobbies or interests.
idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)