Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i wish i believed in god **EDIT**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
But I just can't! I try! I really try but logic and common sense always win :(
I say this now because I could really use a god right now but while my heart aches for it my mind wins every time!

EDIT ::: OK, so next question then. If I decide to believe and put my faith in him and all that just because I'm going through a rough patch doesn't that make me an asshole for only going to him because I need a crutch? I wouldn't want someone to be my friend just because they want something. How would I justify that?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
AdellesMom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this
That poster couldn't be anymore wrong. Being a believer has nothing to do with wanting to be a good person, or with fear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Hmmmm...

I have common sense and logic. I'm a believer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Obviously not enough common sense or logic because you believe in fairy tales.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Hmmmm...

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM

You know, I beat myself up over this. I wish I could have the type of peace and satisfaction religion gives people. I was raised catholic and my whole childhood felt like a lie. I try often to get into religion, start reading the bible again (i had to read and memorize in catholic school but stopped after), try church, I try EVERYTHING.

But when I start to pray I start to rationalize and it just doesn't make any sense. I just can't bring myself to believe it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha yes

Quoting 504bbymami:

Have you ever watched ancient aliens?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've read the bible, it's a great story but I just can't choke it down. As for praying, imagine yourself praying to a troll doll. That's how I'd feel praying to god. I feel ridiculous. How do you get past the basics? Virgin birth. Flying men. SOOO much hipocritical (sp) information. So much contradiction. Help me understand!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Pick up a bible and start reading. Pray ask him to help you with things in life that you are struggling with.

It is an amazing feeling to have a relationship with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't make it about believing in a god but in believing in some kind of faith. It can be faith in yourself, faith in humanity or faith in a higher power (God could be this higher power but doesn't have to be).  Some people that want to believe in God but don't quite buy it find many Buddhist principles helpful since they focus on spirituality in general. 

504bbymami
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My "god" is the universe :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this

You are beating your head agains the wall they don't get it. They don't understand the "faith" part. Its all about fairy tales to them.  The bible doesn't even fit the definition of a fairy tale. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

Hmmmm...

AdellesMom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I read the Bible. I applied common sense and logic, and became a believer. I can't stand hot MS summers. So, I know I won't be able to stand hell! ;)

Besides, God has proved himself to me time and time again. There has to be someone (or something) out there. The Universe is far too big, ad there are so many endless possibilities out there. Someone (or something) had to put it in place. I believe that it was God.

Nothing you say will change my mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Hmmmm...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Rolls eyes

Quoting AdellesMom:

I read the Bible. I applied common sense and logic, and became a believer. I can't stand hot MS summers. So, I know I won't be able to stand hell! ;)

Besides, God has proved himself to me time and time again. There has to be someone (or something) out there. The Universe is far too big, ad there are so many endless possibilities out there. Someone (or something) had to put it in place. I believe that it was God.

Nothing you say will change my mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Hmmmm...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured