Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm 20, with a 2 yr old girl and I STILL...

Posted by   + Show Post
Have a blankie. ;)
I can't sleep without it!

Do any of you still have a security item? Maybe a cute habit from childhood? An adorable nighttime ritual?

Maybe we'll all have a bonding moment for once! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 5:40 AM

I still have my baby blanket that I don't let anybody touch

radioheid
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:47 AM

That's a negative.

I do, however, appreciate snazzy stuffed animals, and buy them on occasion. I'm known to occasionally sleep with a teddy bear...until one of my nieces decides to adopt it.

Emmaleigha
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:48 AM
I have a couple teddy bears my Grandma gave to me over the years before she passed away. I sleep with one only when I'm pregnant because it makes me feel like my Grandma's protecting the baby. I don't know why though...... Other than that it sits on my night stand. And I have another one in my sons crib. And the others are on a shelf in his room.
brandyblx
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My "blankie" is Raggedy Anne. She is homemade (how else to describe itshruggingWhen I was a little girl one Christmas my mom and dad had NO money to spend on Christmas.My mom felt really bad about it,especially because they also didn't have the money to buy a Chritsmas tree. I had ran away to a neighbor's house(I was 1 1/2) ...Santa was going to lose me because we had no Christmas tree( and our neighbor did). So,she made me  Raggedy Anne and Raggedy Andy.Those two dolls stood as tall as my dad (5'0).I have slept with "Annie" ever since.

I gave Raggedy Andy away the very day I got him...my parents were having a small "dinner" party that night.My mom's guests had their little girl with them...she was crying.Santa "forgot" her (honestly her parents were in the same boat my parents were in;not enough cash to buy her anything). Now,we are at my mom's favorite part of the story. :

I had gone to my mom crying over "Stephanie".I just couldn't understand why Santa was mean to Stephanie but he brought me 2 things! She(my mom) said I asked her if she would be mad if I shared something. My mom said she thought I was going to give her something out of my toybox....She also said she had never been prouder of me than when I gave Stephanie my Raggedy Andy. And she says I told her to stop talking about Santa;he wasn't my friend anymore if he was going to be mean. LOL

(Sorry for talking your ear off.I just love my Annie and I think she has a cute story to go with her.)

brandyblx
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:37 AM

BUMP!

AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Not really, but the other day I was visiting my parents, and a spider crawled right next to me on the couch. I jumped up and yelled for my daddy to come kill it. lol

diamondsetter
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Nope. I never even had a security item as a child...guess I didn't need one? I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM

i have a bear ..he stayes in my shelf on my room.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Stfu

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, no. Join the adults.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taina361
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:02 AM
I dont but my mom 43 cant sleep without this one specific thin blanket everywhere she travels it goes with her to
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)