Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Awww, my poor baby. :( update: It got worse Update #2

Posted by   + Show Post

My son came running up to me crying this morning. He almost couldn't talk and in between sobs he got out, "Mom, I have a bug in my penis!"

Well, you could imagine my alarm and confusion. I was like, "How do you know there is a bug in there?"

Him, still sobbing, "I can see it. It is halfway in there. It is like a flea or something."

Me, still confused on how he could have a bug in his penis, "Let me see."

He shows me.

My poor little guy has a tick burrowed into his penis. I am not sure whether I should pull it out or not, so I am waiting for the Dr's office to open to give them a call.

Update: So, the doctor's office told me to go ahead and remove it. They told me to use tweezers and to back it out slowly with constant pressure to make sure the head gets removed. That sucker was deep and didn't want to release. I was pulling slowly and steadily with constant pressure. It was hurting him because it didn't want to let go. It's damn head popped off and is still embedded. It is sore now and I can't get it out. He now has to be seen by the doc. I am not sure what they are going to do. After I tried to pull it out, he said, "Why couldn't it have been in my hand?" : (

Update #2

Okay, we went to the doctor and he took a look.  He asked how long we thought it had been there. It had to have attached overnight because he would have noticed it before that.  He said that the risk of transmission of Lyme Disease increases when the tick has been attached at least 2-3 days.  We are pretty sure it was less than 24 hours.  

Get this....he left it in.  He said that it is no longer the recommendation to dig the tick's head out.  He even brought up the current medical recommendation for me to read.  He said the fact that it is no longer recommended to retrieve them and since it was in such a sensitive area, he wasn't going to go there.  He said digging a tick's head and mouth parts is the equivalent of surgery.

Anyway, he pulled up pics of what to watch for.  And that was it.  

When we got home, my son said, "I am glad they didn't have to cut the end of my penis off."

by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (441-449):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on May. 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Ticks? Disgusting.
Kenna1212
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

awww man poor guy=( .....i hope he gets better.....

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
arianna24
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Oh no that is so sad. :( the last part made me chuckle though. (About him being glad they didn't cut off his penis lol)

Now he's going to have the bugs head in there forever?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 10:33 PM

bump for another update hope hes ok!

Grumpylilpixy
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Oh poor guy!

tuts74
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Poor baby boy:-( I hope he feels better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Aww, poor kiddo. I have never had to deal with ticks until we moved out here. Well, I still haven't really. But I would have freaked right out at that. 

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I'd get a second opinion. Would you want the head of a tick stuck inside your who ha? I wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I don't know. It seems better to let it work itself out compared to cutting into his penis. He isn't experiencing any swelling, redness, irritation, or discomfort at all.

Quoting Mazie0723:

I'd get a second opinion. Would you want the head of a tick stuck inside your who ha? I wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN