Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it annoy you when people complain

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

About money or anything else?

For me we are in extreme debt and very little money coming in ( and no bashing comments about getting 4 jobs to make it ). I can't work because of a disability and my dh does his best but it's hard. I just hate it when someone gets this "woe is me we have no money and are $300 in debt"

Whatever, I have not been able to pay on $10,000 worth of students loans in over a yr. We have a stack of medical bills not getting paid. Yes we have internet but it comes with our landline as a package deal that is cheaper then a cell phone. But i do not go whining to people about bills I cannot pay. I  keep stuff to myself and smile, go about my day without bitching about my struggles. And even though I just pointed out all my problems it wasn't for the purpose of  being a crybaby it was for the purpose of making a point.

The point is... quit complaining, suck it up and move on, there is more people out there who have it worse then you.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2littledaisies
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I agree! I can't stand bitchin all the time .. it solves nothing and is annoying to listen to. We all need to vent from time to time but jeeze being a little positive never hurt anybody. There is ALWAYS someone out there that has it worse. 

JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I can see what you're saying, but at the same time, people do have the right to complain. Just because someone "has it worse", doesn't mean your situation isn't tough.
If that's how it makes them feel better, good for them.
Personally it bothers me when people complain when they can easily better their situation and don't...but I just keep my mouth shut & move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L8ly3196
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Nah it doesn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I get mad at people who whine about not having money but are always eating out and buying things they don't need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.not.angel.
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM

there there.

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I don't believing in telling complete strangers your money woes in any way, but that's just me
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand venting but it should be done one on one and not in a public forum like say, a facebook status

Quoting 2littledaisies:

I agree! I can't stand bitchin all the time .. it solves nothing and is annoying to listen to. We all need to vent from time to time but jeeze being a little positive never hurt anybody. There is ALWAYS someone out there that has it worse. 

kryptomom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM

My favorite is people who spend 45 minutes complaining that they don't have "enough" time.

stellarmom1
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I agree with this. There is always someone who has it worse but everyone gets frustrated and needs to vent sometimes.

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

I can see what you're saying, but at the same time, people do have the right to complain. Just because someone "has it worse", doesn't mean your situation isn't tough.

If that's how it makes them feel better, good for them.

Personally it bothers me when people complain when they can easily better their situation and don't...but I just keep my mouth shut & move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Every now and then it's ok to complain.  I can't stand it when that's all someone does.  I have been around people that if they talk, they complain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured