Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How is someone BORN gay?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
This is something my sister brought up. How does a baby know its gay the moment it's born? What about as a toddler? I think people experiment and that is how they become gay. They experiment with other people. Boys experiment with dolls and girls experiment with trucks/guns whatever.
You are not born gay!
You experiment and know what you like.. You realize a penis is mot for you..You fantasize about women and want to be in a relationship...Plain and simple.

As a baby you are not born gay. So stop making excuses.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (841-850):
I_told_you_so
by on May. 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot believe that being gay is a simple choice.   No one could actually CHOOSE to be discriminated against, fought with, harassed, called names, spit on, beaten up, or threatened.  And those are just the people who say they are Christian.  Would they choose to be exposed to HIV or have someone think they have HIV because they are gay?  Would you choose to be equated with a child molester, or have people refuse to let you be NEAR their kids because you are gay?  Would you choose to be gay when you walk down the street, and people call you names and throw stuff at you from passing vehicles because you're gay? (I have SEEN that happen with my own eyes.)   Would you choose to be gay and live with the fear that your own family may turn their back on you, and you could lose your friends and family just by coming out?  Would you actually CHOOSE to be bullied to the point that you'd consider taking your own life, or actually do that?    Being gay is not a choice.

I_told_you_so
by on May. 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Jamiegraham, let me ask this question.  Do you ACTUALLY KNOW anyone who is gay and ask them if it was a choice?   I do know many people who are gay - I'm related to one gay person.  We KNEW when he was still too young to even know what sex was that he was gay.   It was NOT a choice for him - it was just the way it was.  Just like there are right handed people and left handed people.  Scientists have actually discovered that male and female brains are wired differently.  Some think that transgendered males have female wired brains, and vice versa.  Some of thos researchers have come to a conclusion that being gay has something to do with the degree to which their brains are differently wired.

Please stop calling other people morons.

Quoting jamiegraham:

IT'S A CHOICE AND YOU'RE THE MORON!!!!:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit! Did you choose to be straight, or did you just know deep inside that you were attracted to men? Oh and btw its YOU'RE you moron!

Quoting jamiegraham:

Your not born gay, it's a choice you make!

I_told_you_so
by on May. 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I can with my cousin.  When he was a toddler, he began playing what we call "girl" games, and identifying with females rather than males, even though he kept being steered back to trucks, and sports, and other traditionally "boy" things.  We KNEW before he was 5 that he would be gay (even though we really didn't know what gay was then).

Quoting Anonymous:

Can u prove someone is born gay?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Op, when did you realize you were straight?

Can you give me proof of your claim that you are not born gay?

Also your statement about boys experimenting with dolls and girls experiementing with trucks/guns seems overgeneralized. There are some straight girls who like trucks and played with boyish toys as I kid. I dont understand your logic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 93 on May. 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe it is a choice too. People get so angry when I say it but I don't understand why.

I_told_you_so
by on May. 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM

You're wrong.  There are people who can change their sexuality, although it isn't always an active choice - those people are bi-sexual.  They swing both ways.  But I don't believe that attraction is something you have active control over - you don't wake up one day and say I'm going to be heterosexual today and homosexual tomorrow.  it depends on the attraction of the person.

Quoting purpleducky:

Really? So you can just suddenly find a woman attractive in a sexy way and want to be with a woman? You are one in a million. Not everyone can...wait almost no one can.

Then again I was born with a fluid like sexual orientation. No choosing here, it just happens.

Quoting jamiegraham:

I was born straight and yes I could wake up tomorrow and be attracted to a woman and it would be MY CHOICE:)

Quoting purpleducky:

then when did you decide to be straight? Then you could wake up tomorrow and just suddenly be attracted to women right?

Quoting jamiegraham:

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit! Did you choose to be straight, or did you just know deep inside that you were attracted to men? Oh and btw its YOU'RE you moron!

Quoting jamiegraham:

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM

They aren't changing their sexuality. They are bisexual which means they find men and women attractive. That doesn't change.

Quoting I_told_you_so:

You're wrong.  There are people who can change their sexuality, although it isn't always an active choice - those people are bi-sexual.  They swing both ways.  But I don't believe that attraction is something you have active control over - you don't wake up one day and say I'm going to be heterosexual today and homosexual tomorrow.  it depends on the attraction of the person.

Quoting purpleducky:

Really? So you can just suddenly find a woman attractive in a sexy way and want to be with a woman? You are one in a million. Not everyone can...wait almost no one can.

Then again I was born with a fluid like sexual orientation. No choosing here, it just happens.

jamiegraham
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Yes I do, she is related to me and she said it was her choice, I was called a moron first!!!

Quoting I_told_you_so:

Jamiegraham, let me ask this question.  Do you ACTUALLY KNOW anyone who is gay and ask them if it was a choice?   I do know many people who are gay - I'm related to one gay person.  We KNEW when he was still too young to even know what sex was that he was gay.   It was NOT a choice for him - it was just the way it was.  Just like there are right handed people and left handed people.  Scientists have actually discovered that male and female brains are wired differently.  Some think that transgendered males have female wired brains, and vice versa.  Some of thos researchers have come to a conclusion that being gay has something to do with the degree to which their brains are differently wired.

Please stop calling other people morons.

Quoting jamiegraham:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jamiegraham:

bluespagan
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM

The same way a baby is born straight.  It doesn't know but it has been proven that those who are gay usually have an extra chromosome so instead of being XX or XY, they are XXY or XYY or something like that.  They have also noticed that the "gay mans" brain resembles that of a straight womans and a lesbians brain resembles that of a straight mans. 

http://www.livescience.com/7056-mom-genetics-produce-gay-sons.html

But on what you said, babies don't know their sexuality.  Sexuality is not really identified until the child is much older.  But the groundwork is laid out in both nurture and nature.

lauraand3kids
by on May. 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I believe you are born Gay. Your mind is a crazy place with neurotransmitters that can sometimes go off balance. I have read and seen so many stories, plus have some friends that are Gay. I will always believe that. Just like people are born with bipolar d/o, mental disabilities, and more. We can't always justify why we are the way we are at times, but I do believe people are born that way. Yes you have a choice, but don't make that choice based on what others will perceive you, do what you feel will make you happy.
nsanti
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Honestly, I don't know. I think some people COULD be born this way. it could be a hormonal thing from day one, I have an uncle who said he knew from an early age, 6-7, that he was attracted to guys. I was married to a good man for 12 years and during that time, I just started feeling differently. A year ago, I got married, in Mass, to a wonderful woman,  Who knows how it happens?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN