Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I DONT have herpes!!! dumb a$$

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
You may have read my other post about how I just found out I was pregnant and have been peeing alot. I got a little irritated from all the wiping and was afraid I had a UTI.,

I Went to urgent care (big mistake) and the doctor decided he should do a pelvic exam . While doing so he asks me if I have a history of herpes! I said no! He took a test. Then spoke with me....trying to prescribe herpes medication without test results because he was "99% sure" I had herpes.

Well my test results came back today.....NO HERPES! What a horrible time I had all weekend worrying about this with my DH!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmommy52012
by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM

WTF? & I'm saying that to the doctor, not you.

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Jeeez I would of had a heart attack! I had that happen with my first baby, I told her it was an ingrown hair WTF. Yes still gross but seriously act like a Dr. way to embarrass the crap out me!

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I would have died if that happened to me! My gosh! I'm glad to hear you don't have herpes though! Holy cow, what a doctor...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
method209
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I had the same thing happen to me when I was 10 weeks pregnant. I was told I had chlamydia and was told that my husband had to be cheating on me. I demanded a retest and 3 days later found out it was negative. I wonder how many women get told that they have a std and think their husband/so cheated. It almost ruined my marriage. When I asked how come the first test was positive I was told the lab mixed up papers. Ahhhh. I'm glad everything worked out good for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM
DH went to the doctor for itching and was told he might have chlamydia. He told the dr that he's only had one partner and he was sure I wasn't cheating. He's my only.

Turns out the dr did his residency in an area that had a super high std rate!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I had a doctor tell my Hubby that he had chlamydia an prescribe medication and I went to my doctor she gave me the preacription and sent the tests off. I cried all week it caused so many problems in our relationship to at the end of the week find out neither of us had it doctors are so stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I got told I had HPV by one doctor. I was crushed. I told my new gyno who asked to retest me since my records showed no problems. It came back negative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I know what you mean.  Before I even had sex with someone a doctor was so sure I had herpes. I told her to screw herself because I did not have that.  She still did a blood test and came back negative

TygerLily62
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I'm glad your tests came back good!!! I went to the dr because I had an outbreak of canker sores in my mouth and he told me he thought it was the herpes. I started bawling! (It didn't help that the outbreak was because I was on my period lol..)

kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I wonder who had it, but was told they didn't?

Quoting method209:

I had the same thing happen to me when I was 10 weeks pregnant. I was told I had chlamydia and was told that my husband had to be cheating on me. I demanded a retest and 3 days later found out it was negative. I wonder how many women get told that they have a std and think their husband/so cheated. It almost ruined my marriage. When I asked how come the first test was positive I was told the lab mixed up papers. Ahhhh. I'm glad everything worked out good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)