Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you do Your SO/DH's laundry? *EDIT* on how it is in our home

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 265 Replies

If so....

I pretty sure most of you check the pockets before you put the clothes in the washer. 

If you find money in your SO/DH's pockets. What do you do with it ?

*EDIT* :

I will admit I am a bit OCD with how the Wash is done. I am very particular with how the laundry detergent,( stain booster, when needed) and fabric softener are added. 

DH does try to help when he is able enough. That is easy enough ..put the clothes in the dryer with 2 fabric softener sheets and Viola !. 

When the drying is done...he does try to help me fold when he can ( he is disabled from a bad work accident) 

I , myself always check the pockets of his, mine ,  and the boys clothes. I never know what I might find in there...hehehe. I'd rather take the time to check the pockets than ruin everyone Else's clothes or even my machines .

I rarely ever find money in my DH's pockets. If I do..it mostly just change. Which usually just gets put into a container on the dryer. 

For those of you that don't check pockets.Do you ever wonder or get concerned about the other clothes getting ruined... or your machines getting messed up from the in particulars that might be left in those pockets ?

Oh and on another note.... what laundry detergent do you use. Do you use a stain fighter or OxiClean. What about Fabric softener. Liquid, dryer sheets , or both ?

I use Gain liquid or powder. Gain liquid fabric softener and Gain sheets too. I will also use Oxiclean spray stain remover and the powder when needed. 

I used to only use Tide , but they changed there formula and it makes my boys skins break now.  

by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I never did my exhusbands laundry. He took it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brlee1115
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM
He never does because I also change over his stuff to new pants every morning while he is in the shower!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Vallo
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM

We find money in pockets we stick it in the rainy day fund. If it is in his pockets then it would be change. 

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Keep it if it's a small amount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Its mostly change so I usually keep it. If it's a big amount, I'll give it back to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM
It depends on how much it is. Truthfully after 12 years of reminding him to check his own pockets he rarely leaves anything in them. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LampPost
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Eat it.

No really. I use it for In & Out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlynnf
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM
i throw any random money in our change bucket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tth328
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM
My husband doesn't do laundry. But if and when I do find money, I keep it haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN