Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do Your SO/DH's laundry? *EDIT* on how it is in our home

Posted by   + Show Post

If so....

I pretty sure most of you check the pockets before you put the clothes in the washer. 

If you find money in your SO/DH's pockets. What do you do with it ?

*EDIT* :

I will admit I am a bit OCD with how the Wash is done. I am very particular with how the laundry detergent,( stain booster, when needed) and fabric softener are added. 

DH does try to help when he is able enough. That is easy enough ..put the clothes in the dryer with 2 fabric softener sheets and Viola !. 

When the drying is done...he does try to help me fold when he can ( he is disabled from a bad work accident) 

I , myself always check the pockets of his, mine ,  and the boys clothes. I never know what I might find in there...hehehe. I'd rather take the time to check the pockets than ruin everyone Else's clothes or even my machines .

I rarely ever find money in my DH's pockets. If I do..it mostly just change. Which usually just gets put into a container on the dryer. 

For those of you that don't check pockets.Do you ever wonder or get concerned about the other clothes getting ruined... or your machines getting messed up from the in particulars that might be left in those pockets ?

Oh and on another note.... what laundry detergent do you use. Do you use a stain fighter or OxiClean. What about Fabric softener. Liquid, dryer sheets , or both ?

I use Gain liquid or powder. Gain liquid fabric softener and Gain sheets too. I will also use Oxiclean spray stain remover and the powder when needed. 

I used to only use Tide , but they changed there formula and it makes my boys skins break now.  

by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
nebraskamamaof2
by Chuck on May. 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I keel it and brag to him about how much money I made doing laundry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Keep it. It goes into a jar and when the jar gets full, I treat myself to something. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earth_Mama90
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:31 PM
We have a jar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShyJen
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Both dh and I do the laundry. I rarely check pockets lol, most of the time I wash his breath strips haha. If I found money id give it back to him, he spoils me so I have no reason to steal from him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reyna09
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

i give the money to him.

FranciRed
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I find drill bits, coins & those colorful caps that twist onto electrical wiring. Sometimes I find candy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Its OUR money so any money found in the wash by either of us goes in one place where we can both have access to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I lay it on his desk.

rose0919
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM

i hardly ever  find money but when i do it goes to pay the maid that does the laundry!!!(me) i do find rubber  gloves all the time. those go to dd for guineapig cage cleaning.

FranciRed
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I give everything back but the candy ;-)

Quoting FranciRed:

I find drill bits, coins & those colorful caps that twist onto electrical wiring. Sometimes I find candy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured