Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What age do you think a child should have his/her own bed? What about their own bedroom?

By own room I mean not sharing with parent(s).

ETA: This is nothing against/about co-sleeping, it's literally the child having his/her own bed and room,

and this is assuming thats no financial reason the child is sharing a room with parent or whatever (like there's a room available that isn't being occupied)

by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM

from birth?

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on May. 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM
My dd has has her own room since she was born she just stayed in our room for a little over a year. She has always had her own bed, she just sometimes ends up in ours.
I feel it is up to the comfort level of the parent and the child.
lovingmommy92
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM
My son n daughter hve their own rooms n my daughter unfornatly has to share hers im having another girl. But I I think kids should have thsir own room. Parents need privacy too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Some people can't afford that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM
No literally mean have their own room and their own bed. Not even necessarily sleeping in the room or bed but at least having it....

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I'm guessing you mean sleep alone? Ds was probably 4, maybe even 5 before he stopped sneaking into our room and sleeping on the floor. Dd was about 5 months when we put her in her own room. That's when she started sleeping through the night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM

My kids were in their own room at 8 months. We started transitioning them to a crib at 6 months until there were no more tears, and then they got their own room and continued sleeping in their crib from there.

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Birth but no longer appropriate at maybe 8
My mommy mantra : Cloth diapers, breast feeding, organic eating Christian. But all people are beautiful!
kmencl3210
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I meant to add in op assuming that financially it wasn't an issue... I know not everyone can afford for each child to have their own room, I used to share with my sisters, wasn't a big deal really.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Some people can't afford that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM
This

Quoting mom2_3blessings:

Um I think they should always have their own room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM

My son was in his own room at four months. In a crib. He switched to a toddler bed at a year old. a twin sized bed at 18 months. He just got a set of bunkbeds at 4 years old. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN