Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know why you're overweight! VENT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I have had people say, "I try to eat healthy but I just can't lose this weight" and then they post this on facebook:

PS: These are real status messages

"made pizza for dinner now sitting here bored as hell"

"hamburger helper and baked potatoes for dinner!!!"

"Heading to start dinner make homemade pizzas!!!"

"making chicken and noddles and mashed tatters for dinner"

"was gonna make hamburger helper for dinner but changed my mind so its sloppy joes with mac and chesse for dinner"

These were all done by said person in less than a week. I have yet to hear about her eating anything even close to healthy let alone a real vegetable yet you complain to me and tell me that you try to eat healthy and you don't understand why you're overweight. I am not thin but I've been working on it and I actually do eat a healthy diet.. Sorry just venting.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gum.drop
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Feel better?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Very much actually. I don't want to offend her but it really irks me. I'm fat because I ate unhealthy and didn't exercise! I take responsibility.

Quoting gum.drop:

Feel better?

cklamour
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We might know the same person :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I eat pretty good and I'm still fat. 
But that sounds soooo gross and unhealthy lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Is that why I gained 16 in the past week?

i been wolfing down on sunchips, low fat popsicles, low fat brownies and diet coke.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Does she perhaps not know what a "healthy" diet actually is?  Maybe she thinks a homemade variety is healthy b/c it is homemade!

Homemade pizzas CAN be healthy if you use less cheese, whole grains, and choose veggie toppings.
Mac and Cheese with a lowfat cheese and whole grain pasta isn't so bad.
Homemade sloppy joes made with ground turkey and your own seasonings served on a wheat bun...

But even then, all three items in one week could be pushing the calories and fats a bit.  More important that WHAT you are eating sometimes are the PORTIONS.  Does she know about portion control?  It's easy to over-eat pizza!  Those slices just seem to slide down the hatch, kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I'm a big girl myself but I don't make excuses. I did this to myself. I don't say I eat healthy and do the opposite.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I eat pretty good and I'm still fat. 
But that sounds soooo gross and unhealthy lol. 

KitT.Kat
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM

LMAO, I have two super obese friends (400lbs+ each, they're a couple). I love them but they both blame health problems for their weight and it's obvious that's bullshit because of all the crap they post on facebook.

On an average day she bakes at least one cake, two or three dozen cookies, cake pops and some sort of bread like banana bread or zuchinni bread or rolls. She posts pictures of all of it on facebook. Then her husband posts constant status updates like, "Yum, eating cookies!", "oooh, best banana bread ever!", "My wife is so awesome, she makes the best chocolate cake!"

It's nuts. It used to bother us because he's diabetic and has all kinds of health problems but he's in denial. Plus, his wife is only 20 and hasn't developed any serious issues yet so she's still one of those people who thinks being gigantic is "healthy" and she encourages him to eat massive amounts of shit.

It's sad but you can't force people to face reality.

vale131
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM

If she is a true friend of yours, you need to point this out to her and tell her to look at her posts and realize why she is not losing weight.

I thought for a fleeting moment I was eating healthy and I do for the most part. It's the portion sizes I need to work on in order to make it work...hehe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM

A lot of people say they have "tried everything" and nothing works. I know they're full of it! The only thing not working is you! (Besides people with medical conditions that inhibit weight loss).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)