Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ADHD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
ADHD doesn't display symptoms in adulthood because it's not real. It's a made up diagnosis for doctors and teachers that don't know what else to do or that do not want to be inconvenienced with a child that has an overactive personality. Doctors are all too quick to diagnose ADHD to a desperate parent that really wants to help their child. Suddenly it disappears in adulthood? No other illness does that so why ADHD? I don't believe it exists. I believe some children have difficulties and that they may need specialized care, but I don't believe that the majority of children on ADHD meds need anything other than patience and understanding.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommasbabies77
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
ummm I have adult diagnosed add. I can assure you it exists. You really should research bc you aren't looking so intelligent. Add doesn't go away in adult hood. It is just easier for an adult to handle. Lmao at the ignorance of your post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juanita679
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:08 AM
bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM
She said ADHD not ADD

Quoting mommasbabies77:

ummm I have adult diagnosed add. I can assure you it exists. You really should research bc you aren't looking so intelligent. Add doesn't go away in adult hood. It is just easier for an adult to handle. Lmao at the ignorance of your post
mommasbabies77
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
lmao..it the same thing. Adhd isn't even diagnosed anymore. In fact it's called Add with hyperactivity..same thing. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

She said ADHD not ADD

Quoting mommasbabies77:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM
It is amyth that as we become adults ADHD just disappears or goes away. In most cases the person will have some if not all the same symptoms in adulthood as they did in childhood. Even though diagnoses of ADHD in children have increased over the last decade, there are many cases that go undiagnosed. Some children are able to cope with mild symptoms and therefore they aren’t diagnosed until later on in life. Either way, most adults who are diagnosed with ADHD have hadsome types of symptoms all their life. I'll post the link in my next reply
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethansmommy1987
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I have adult add, and I have a couple friends with adult adhd. Which are almost the same thin. Its not fake, its real. You should spend some time with me and my friend when we're off our meds. We can't get a thing done. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

whatever you say. I'll take the knowledge of ds doctors and psychiatrist over some random cafe mom anon.

mommasbabies77
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Getting_Started_with_SelfGrowth_com.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

oh i'll be laughing at this all day....thank you!

cmkahn
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Exactly. And I know at LEAST 5 adults diagnosed with it and on meds. And 3 of them are in college and wouldn't be without the meds.

Educate yourself before you judge, people.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

lmao..it the same thing. Adhd isn't even diagnosed anymore. In fact it's called Add with hyperactivity..same thing. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

She said ADHD not ADD

Quoting mommasbabies77:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)