Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do you consider "fat"?

Posted by   + Show Post
All these fat posts are being made so I'm curious what is considered to be a "fat" weight? I know height changes it a little so I'm just asking for an average..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
SouthernBellee
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM

all in the eye of the person judging..not really a number. I'm a size 12 and I don't think I'm fat but some people make think so. I dont care...

Maisy08
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I am!
Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I consider someone fat when they have very prominent visible layers of fat on their body.

MamaJAG
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Gonna go with the fat rolls as an indication of fat, although overweight hits before that.  I don't mean the rolls in the belly when you sit down, I mean the bra fat back rolls and the muffin tops and the flabby arms.  Yes, you can most definitely be skinny fat as well.  Fat is going to look different on different bodies, as well.  The apple shaped ladies have it tough for sure, but they can have KILLER legs.  =)  I'm just a box so I have to be muscular to look good at all. =/

Maisy08
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I think you can be a size 14 or above but it depends on what you wear. Their are a lot of heavier people than look better than thin people
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM

That's not fair!! lol I'm really flat chested. My stomach is slightly smaller than my boobs, but not much, but it's not because I have a big stomach, just really small boobs hahaha

Quoting ffpm10:

When your stomach sticks out further than your boobs

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

You're joking right? I'm 5'9 and if I weighed under 120 I would look like death. At my smallest I was 132 and people asked me constantly if I was anorexic. 140 is the absolute smallest I would want to be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anything over 120lbs. Disgusting!!!!

spanishblueyes
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Me too.Between breastfeeding three little leeches and losing 80 pounds a few years ago my tetas are sad looking now. :(

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

That's not fair!! lol I'm really flat chested. My stomach is slightly smaller than my boobs, but not much, but it's not because I have a big stomach, just really small boobs hahaha

Quoting ffpm10:

When your stomach sticks out further than your boobs

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 22, 2012 at 10:49 PM

There's not a "fat weight". It totally depends on your height. If you're 5'0 and 150, you're fat, but if you're 5'10 and 150, you're skinny. It also depends on how much muscle you have because muscle weighs more than fat.

When I was a size 14, I was fat. Right now I'm in a 12 and working my way into a 10. I'm slightly overweight, but not what people would consider fat.

alleycat_2
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM
If your tummy touches floor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN