Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's no wonder why more mothers do not breast feed...

Posted by   + Show Post
There was question on fb from a news station asking "how old is too old to breast feed" after posting an article where Alanis Morissette said she would breast feed her son until he is finished.
Most of the comments are just awful..
"3 months is enough"
"when they have teeth"
"when they can ask for it"
"12 months when they can drink cows milk"
"any time after a year, after that it's sexual"
"there is no benefit after the child is a year old"
"breastfeeding your son will traumatized him and cause him intimacy problems"
There are much more comments but still it really is no wonder why more moms breast feed their children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Replies (421-421):
lordkanarven
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I should add I live by a retirement home for the mentally absent and this was a patent that was allowed to walk around the neighborhood, I have a lot of crazy old people stories haha

Quoting baileymarie723:

Now that is messed up!

Quoting lordkanarven:

I was nursing my 3 week old on my couch yesterday and had the got up to grab something while she was still latched and a woman outside started banging on my window calling me a shameful harlot and threated to call CPS because I was sexually abusing my child. 

Quoting xomrs.chase:

I agree it goes both ways, but you won't get told you're sexually abusing your child. Those remarks are disgusting imo

Quoting mrs.jessefuller:

It's the same way with formula feeding. People can be very rude if u formula feed. It really does go both ways. I formula feed and have gotten some very rude remarks

Quoting xomrs.chase:

:( its sad how society views it. If you don't want to BF fine- but don't make it harder for moms who do

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)