Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

son getting circumsized on the 11 th!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't think I could be any happier! Had to wait til he was close to 1 so it could " grow". Now he can get that nasty skin off lol poor thing looks like an old man
Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
Stardust9309
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol smart choice :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaloWithHorns78
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
No you don't. Educate yourself. Oh I guess it doesn't matter now. Smh

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Nope. You have to slide the foreskin back and wipe the penis tip with a q-tip. I found it pretty gross to do. He would of ha his circomsized in the happiest, but we were only there for a little over 24 hours.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

I'm confused as to how you clean it? You wipe it off just like a circ'd penis.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

My son had to wait two months to have his done cause of the way the appointments and OR space fell. I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to happen also. I hated cleaning in. Wish him and you the best of luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Yes, thats what our urologist told us to do as well. It is pretty gross lol

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Nope. You have to slide the foreskin back and wipe the penis tip with a q-tip. I found it pretty gross to do. He would of ha his circomsized in the happiest, but we were only there for a little over 24 hours.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

My son had to wait two months to have his done cause of the way the appointments and OR space fell. I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to happen also. I hated cleaning in. Wish him and you the best of luck.

Regina_Falange
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Good luck to you both!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM
4 moms liked this
So many people are uneducated about how to take care of an intact penis.

You NEVER pull back the foreskin. Ever. You probably seriously hurt your baby :(

Americans are so uneducated about human health and human biology in general, it's sickening.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBugz
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
No you do not retract an intact penis to clean! Premature retraction causes all sorts of issues. You wipe like a finger. It would only be retracted to clean once it's naturally retractable. and by the time that is the case, the boy *should* be old enough to clean it himself.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM

It's his penis not your and why the hell do you care how your sons penis looks? 

HaloWithHorns78
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That guy needs to go back and learn a little more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, thats what our urologist told us to do as well. It is pretty gross lol

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM
They say the recovery is extremely fast, as they don't start having feeling down there until 2+ . It will be a quick in and out with dissolved stitches all around. Just a little neosporen for a few days and he is good should be back to himself within an hour or two from anesthesia

Quoting jonellg:

I don't think I would do it, it seems like at 1 they would be very aware of the pain and recovery would be longer. 

Quoting Anonymous:

When he was born they were going to do it but his shaft was still attached to the scrotum. So we had to wait for it to grow and detach. He has been cleared for a few months but wanted to wait til he was closer to a year old because of anesthesia

Quoting jonellg:

why would he have to wait?

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

He'll thank you later momma! hoping he has a safe surgery and recovery!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)