Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

son getting circumsized on the 11 th!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't think I could be any happier! Had to wait til he was close to 1 so it could " grow". Now he can get that nasty skin off lol poor thing looks like an old man
Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (51-60):
Juanita679
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Good luck

Tea4Tas
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quoting wrensong:

My younges son was 14 mos old when he was circ'd....

The reason is he had a medical condition called a penile tortion. The head of his penis was rotated 1/4 of the way (his fireman hat was on sideways)

It had to be corrected sugically to fix it or he could have had urinary and sexual problems in the future. It is usually fixed at about 6 months old, but in my state there is only one pediatric urologist and he was booked up until my son was 14 mos old.

And there you have it. A REAL medical reason to circumsize your child.  Nice to see that (well not nice that your son had a problem) but nice to see a real medical reason instead of a cosmetic one.

sexychica25
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Why even tell anyone this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
You're not supposed to retract the foreskin

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Nope. You have to slide the foreskin back and wipe the penis tip with a q-tip. I found it pretty gross to do. He would of ha his circomsized in the happiest, but we were only there for a little over 24 hours.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

I'm confused as to how you clean it? You wipe it off just like a circ'd penis.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

My son had to wait two months to have his done cause of the way the appointments and OR space fell. I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to happen also. I hated cleaning in. Wish him and you the best of luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Poor thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Yay best of wishes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Is all skin nasty?
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I was upset. I had had my other sons circ'd because it was one of those things that was just done. Then I got educated and decided my last son would not be circ'd.....and then it was necessary. GRRR

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting wrensong:

My younges son was 14 mos old when he was circ'd....

The reason is he had a medical condition called a penile tortion. The head of his penis was rotated 1/4 of the way (his fireman hat was on sideways)

It had to be corrected sugically to fix it or he could have had urinary and sexual problems in the future. It is usually fixed at about 6 months old, but in my state there is only one pediatric urologist and he was booked up until my son was 14 mos old.

And there you have it. A REAL medical reason to circumsize your child.  Nice to see that (well not nice that your son had a problem) but nice to see a real medical reason instead of a cosmetic one.

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
Tea4Tas
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, thats what our urologist told us to do as well. It is pretty gross lol

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Nope. You have to slide the foreskin back and wipe the penis tip with a q-tip. I found it pretty gross to do. He would of ha his circomsized in the happiest, but we were only there for a little over 24 hours.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

I'm confused as to how you clean it? You wipe it off just like a circ'd penis.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

My son had to wait two months to have his done cause of the way the appointments and OR space fell. I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to happen also. I hated cleaning in. Wish him and you the best of luck.

If your urologist really told you that, then I would STRONGLY advise you to find a different surgeon-because he is a quack. NO ONE other than the owner of the penis should EVER pull the foreskin back. (in children anyway)

My sons are both uncirc'ed. Their ped has had them pull the foreskin back since they were old  enough to do it. My ped seems to know more about this than your urologist-and you are letting him do suregery on your baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I was glad my son had his done before we left the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN