Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know, Paganism is supposed to be the "evil" religion, full of Witchcraft and Satan...

Posted by   + Show Post

but we don't practice cannibalism.

Not even symbolic cannibalism. 

Especially not symbolic cannibalism of a so-called "savior". 

by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Replies (101-107):
bellawomen
by Summer on May. 24, 2012 at 4:35 AM
I've never heard of this before, so do tell more.

Quoting bluespagan:

Should I start drawing the lines to how Jesus was not the first resurrected deity.  As of right now, without my books in front of me, I can clearly recall the story of Inanna descending to her sisters, Ereskigal, realm and being hung on a cross upside down by hooks on the wall. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 24, 2012 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
We need more pagans on draw something
Non of the christians know what the godess symbol is;(
lalaboosh
by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I plan to build an earthship. www.earthship.com

There's one in Canada growing bananas and pineapples!

I think you just like n's and nanananananana's.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

That's pretty fucking cool. Isn't it too cold in WA to grow bananas??? 

Also, why do I always put too many N's in banana? Thank the Gods for spellcheck. 

Quoting lalaboosh:

I come here to be a spaz and hopefully share some of the rad knowledge I've gained over the past three years.

I'm gonna grow a banana tree in WASHINGTON one day! HOW COOL IS THAT????

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I really do. CM is where I get my self-esteem boost. ;o) 

Quoting lalaboosh:

I think you like it. LOL!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

It's a curse, I make all of the awesome moms love me. 

Quoting lalaboosh:

Betch, why you make me love you so much???

bellawomen
by Summer on May. 24, 2012 at 4:49 AM
I've never seen is. Is that bad?

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

did you live in a cave throughout the mid to ate 90s??? :)

Quoting Anonymous:

i just finally saw the craft last year. ROFL!!

All I know about that is its nature worship or something meh I don't really know or put much thought into. It's so misconstrued IMO but I certainly don't believe in.spells. to each his own but I'm def over the teen crowd who saw the craft one time too many

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It is a basic Spring/Winter story.  It is Sumerian.

What I can remember is basic.  Inanna decides to go see her sister, Ereskigal, in the underworld to ask something of her (I believe a departed lovers passage).  Ereskigal is envious of Inanna's status and tells her gate guard that Inanna will have to give up one of her worldly possessions at each gate (there are 7 or 9 I can't remember which) in order to gain access to her throne room.  Inanna makes the trip, shedding a piece of her worldly possessions each symbolizing a piece of herself and the great feminine.  She finally arrives to Ereskigals throne room completely naked.  Upon entering Ereskigal is so enraged that her sister was able to make it that she kills Inanna on the spot and hangs her corps by her arms and legs via hooks over her throne.  Inanna's handmaiden above starts to worry since Inanna told her the trip would be dangerous so she calls to Inanna's father, Nannar, to go save her.  3 times he rejects the request until he notices that Ereskigal is depressed and saddened by what she has done to her sister since they were each other counterparts, they balanced each other out.  So he creates from dust 2 beings whose only goal is to go and woo Ereskigal and talk her into releasing Inanna's body.  Once they do so they will be able to breathe life into her again.  Sure enough the two beings go down to the underworld and listen to Ereskigal cry and moan over the loss of her sister.  Instead of giving into her grief though the two beings compliment Ereskigal and point out all that she does right and how she is just as good and beautiful as Inanna even though she holds the keys to death.  This lightens Ereskigals soul and she releases Inanna at which point the two beings breathe the air of life back into her.  Inanna returns to the surface where a whole new story unfolds of trust and betrayal :)

Quoting bellawomen:

I've never heard of this before, so do tell more.

Quoting bluespagan:

Should I start drawing the lines to how Jesus was not the first resurrected deity.  As of right now, without my books in front of me, I can clearly recall the story of Inanna descending to her sisters, Ereskigal, realm and being hung on a cross upside down by hooks on the wall. 

bellawomen
by Summer on May. 24, 2012 at 5:02 AM
You should listen to that Gwen Stefani song lol

Quoting AnnieMcD:

That's pretty fucking cool. Isn't it too cold in WA to grow bananas??? 

Also, why do I always put too many N's in banana? Thank the Gods for spellcheck. 

Quoting lalaboosh:

I come here to be a spaz and hopefully share some of the rad knowledge I've gained over the past three years.

I'm gonna grow a banana tree in WASHINGTON one day! HOW COOL IS THAT????

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I really do. CM is where I get my self-esteem boost. ;o) 

Quoting lalaboosh:

I think you like it. LOL!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

It's a curse, I make all of the awesome moms love me. 

Quoting lalaboosh:

Betch, why you make me love you so much???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Not all vampires are sanguine. Plus the pagan umbrella is ever evolving.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

That's ... interesting. But I still don't think that it can be considered a religion, or even a full branch of paganism. Can pagans be members of the Vampire groups? Sure, in fact it's more likely. But that doesn't make the movement itself a religion, or their practice of drinking one another's blood a religious practice. 

Quoting Anonymous:

actually the vampire community is becoming alot more recognized in the pagan community than one would like to admit to. hehehe. people like michelle belanger and her house of kheparu have made into much more mainstream circles for religious beliefs. one of her books that has rituals in it, they are all done on the same corresponding days, as a wiccan or pagan would celebrate (solstices, etc) but with a vampiric flair.  also check out the asetian bible sometime, it mixes egyptian wiccanesque practices with vampirism.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)