Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MY SKid's BM chooses her DH over them..SSons are MAD at their mom!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

So my step kidss (of 8 yrs) Bio Mother has decided to move 3 hours away to live with her DH's father since her DH got fired from his job & sadly lost his house  :-/ last week ...Now we are here with all 3 kids, VERY HAPPY & NOT COMPLAINING at all....BUT the problem is that my SS got into a physical fight with his step brother (at BM's house) last week...the step father kicks  BM and (my) 3 skids out of the house after dark...makes her take the old wrecked car that barely runs...knowing full well that she will drive about an hour away to her moms house & the car will have problems all the way there...OH & to top it off...he reaches in and takes out the radio from the car so they have nothing to listen to.

Guess what...she went back & helped move everything out of the house less than 36 hours later! They are in love again!! WOW!! This is the 5th or 6th time something simular has happened since she has been with THIS husband!!...Yes this is probably the 12th~ish time she has been in a "Serious relationship" in the past 8 yrs....like live with a guy relationship.... ummhmm

We are at a loss...she is choosing to be with DH again... homeless, jobless, telling the kids she is moving them 3 hours away from my DH (daddy) they currently reside with us 50% of the time....WHAT DO WE DO????? 

SSon says "My mom is the most selfish mom anyone could have" they are hurt...she has the choice to stay with any of her family...they have always supported her everytime she comes back between relationships. The kids feel like she is choosing "A MAN"  again over them. My Sdaughter says to me "Mom...I tried to tell her how much we cant stand him and that she should be married to someone that loves her, not a guy that throws her out of the house everytime she stands up for herself!"

Ugh....I feel sad...& all 3 SKids are young teens!!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2cheesebug
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Thats sad. Ask to have the kids talk to the judge and tell them who they want to live with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Breezie_Starr
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Quoting mom2cheesebug:

Thats sad. Ask to have the kids talk to the judge and tell them who they want to live with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Ya it just makes me sad...we moved to be closer to the kids a couple of yrs ago & they have flourished being with mom & dad equal time...it just sucks that it will end :( and the fact that I have no idea how to respond to my SKids other than...lets just wait...time will tell :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM

BUMP!!

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

As young teens they should be able to tell a judge who they want to live with.  If it is their wish offer to go back and get primary placement of them.  They could see mom on weekends and not move 3 hrs away.  Don't most custody arrangements have a clause about not being able to move more than 150 miles away? You should be able to contest the move too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Yes...we will...she has not filed anything to move...infact a couple of weeks ago they went to court over something unrelated & my DH mentioned that she had been telling the kids they were moving away...she denied it to the judge...so that will not be good for her either.  Also...this is one more thing to add to her lack of stability....this is the 5th time her & her DH have moved in less than 2 yrs!

rose0919
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM

sounds like the bm in our case. just get full cust. dont make the kids keep going through this .

bm in our case puts whatere man of the moment befor ss. now  she is back with her odd real father after he got out of prison for 15 or so years. he comes befor ss, so did the rest of her flavors of the month.  so now its worse on ss because he feels he isnt part of that family  and he is even told that by bm and his half sister. we want him here  but the courts dont want to split the kids up. and give bm every chance in the book.

your kids are older it might be easier for you

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 23, 2012 at 2:33 PM

That is sad  : ( But unfortunately this is not a rare thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Is'nt it amazing..HOW many chances they give these women!! It's like because they are "MOM" they are the best choice & the KIDS suffer!! Its bullshit in my oppinion!!

mummamaur
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Same thing going on in my case too. my sd bm does not treat her well physically, verbally, and mentally abuses her. and she is only 3 yrs old. she tells her not to listen to me or her father and that we dont love her. it is horrible on us i can olny imagine how my sweet sd feels. it tears me up. i pray that one day we will get full custody as well. my dd bf signed his rights over to me and im just waiting to get it approved by a judge hopefully the same will happen with my dsd and yourself. good luck i hope it works out for you. i know how hard this is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN