Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

feeling guilty because we are well off

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh makes 7 figures a year. I should be happy with living like this. But I'm not. I feel guilty. Anyone else?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
MilfShake26
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM
5 moms liked this
Exactly. My hubby makes good money and I still coupon, shop at walmart and look for sales. I'm a little more picky with clothes but I still bargain shop. I think op is just trying to come off as a snob for attention. Her hubby is unemployed and in bed for all we know lol

Quoting sandra_t00:

wtf. I cleaned houses for people that had 6 figure incomes and still shopped at Walmart. For everything!

Quoting Anonymous:

We have our charities - don't get me wrong. Dh is adamant about those tax write-offs. I don't really understand all of it though. But all those people who have to.shop at Walmart. Don't you want better for yourselves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
4 moms liked this
Oh this paragraph just screams guilt... Eh um.. judgement.. yeah that's a better word.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have our charities - don't get me wrong. Dh is adamant about those tax write-offs. I don't really understand all of it though. But all those people who have to.shop at Walmart. Don't you want better for yourselves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
You should.see the way those people look at me. Their sad little faces and most of them just hatred for me like I'm there.out of pity

Quoting SimplyErathy:

if hubs works all his ours so do we..guilty? why? im thankful our family is fed and clothed and we dont have to worry over everything. we have been there done that.if its becasue others are stuggling, give back, donate, volunteer ect

meowsrus
by MamaKitty on May. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Wow.  um, ya- OK. 

If you do- then do something about it.  Start volunteering, start sponsoring, start donating, start doing something.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol... Do good for the tax breaks... Not to be a good person... Good for you!

And I like Walmart... I can get everything in one stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

if you feel guilty...send some over my way :)

i can guarantee it will make you feel better! lol

SimplyErathy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

they actually have a good range, and sell mainstream. now the wal-mart brand? sure yea its cheap and on alot of products is craptastic; but they sell juicers that cost $200 and is used by famous chefs! they sell crayola..is that a cheap product? what do you use? crayons imported from India made with gold?

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't get over the horribly cheap quality of the products there.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

I was on board with ya until this. Shopping at walmart doesnt mean that you cant afford other things.

My DH makes a good living. But I shop at places like walmart and target because I dont think I should have to pay an arm and a leg for something that I can get for a fraction of the price at places like Walmart. We dont have to, I choose to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Don't laugh. I yearn to be "normal"! But my entire life has been raised and lived in the wealthy world. Its hard work keeping up this lifestyle.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Lol this... It must be SOOOOOO HORRIBLE.

Quoting melissa632:

I wish I had that problem...lol.
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Not everything they carry is cheap quality. Their clothes usually are, but aside from that they have decent quality things.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't get over the horribly cheap quality of the products there.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

I was on board with ya until this. Shopping at walmart doesnt mean that you cant afford other things.

My DH makes a good living. But I shop at places like walmart and target because I dont think I should have to pay an arm and a leg for something that I can get for a fraction of the price at places like Walmart. We dont have to, I choose to.

Quoting Anonymous:

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this
So do you feel guilty about being well off or do you feel superior??? Saying you feel sorry for people who "have" to shop @ walmart sounds like you're looking down your nose at people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN