Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mentally r*****ed

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 277 Replies
What is your take on someone that is mentally retarded procreating? My cousin has a friend that is mentally retarded and can't take care of herself fully. She was doing a workshop thing with other people that are mentally retarded. She met a guy and they ended up having sex. She got pregnant. She didn't know she was pregnant till she was about 7 months along. A few months after this baby was born, she got pregnant again with baby number two. She can barely take care of herself. She is with the father of her children. His mom lives with them and she takes care of the two babies as well as them. What is your thought of people that are mentally retarded, have down syndrome, can't take care of them self having babies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM
5 moms liked this
Abort abort post warning will Rogers abort mission
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmmm... can't decide if this is sincere or a troll.
chickensmommy
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Taking my spot... I need popcorn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnjohnson5
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM
First page
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM
15 moms liked this

Well clearly since they are not perfect like you they shouldn't be breeding,  also the word "retarded" is offensive!

m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM
13 moms liked this

There are plenty of mentally challenged people who are fully capable of taking care of themselves.

That being said, any person who is incapable of caring for themselves should NOT be having kids. 

If they are adults and want to date, the parents should very seriously consider birth control.

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

amandabo
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM
PLACE CARD....BRB GOING TO GET POPCORN AND DRINKS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby.on.board
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I would say let them be. Just because they have mental problems doesn't mean they can't have emotions. Obviously his mom is okay with it, or she wouldn't be taking care of the babies.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnight_storm
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't know. I guess there would be a lot of factors to consider. The first thing that pops into my head is the movie I AM Sam. I thought it was so sad when his daughter was taken. I know it's just a movie, lol. But I've never really thought about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured