Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my ex is trying to lower the cs amount to 150 or 200 help?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my ex is trying to lower the amount for out 2 year old, he has a child of his own and cant pay what they assigned

the amount they assigned was 308 a month he's trying to get it down to 150-200

his excuse is that since our daughter isnt in daycare and i have 8 people helping me she doesnt need that much 

what do you ladies think is 308 to much for a little girl who doesnt get day care and is about to be potty trained?

edit:he has 3 chances to change the amount before we go to a judge, but between that he can lower it to what ever if  they let him, he lost his job to 

oh another excuse is that he hasnt seen dd in 10 months since his new baby arrived because i keep her from him

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Replies (61-66):
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Really??? I'm sorry, but I think you probably are trying to keep her from him. Remember, you chose him, not your daughter. She does need her dad, her biological dad. She will always wonder about him her whole life.

If I'm wrong about you keeping him from her and her from him I'm sorry. It just sounds that way because you said that you really don't think she needs him in her life. But I don't know the whole situation. Good luck to you and I hope you really truly do what's best for your daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

I would try to meet him somewhere halfway for the benefit of your daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

You're not willing to go to him or even halfway for your daughter's sake??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting singlemom1208:

Depends on his income. Why do you keep her from him?

i dont purposly do it, i moved in with my fiances family and they moved where we are at now, its not my fault he can only ride buses and none come up here

i dont have a car either, i get rides wherever i need to go and no one in the house is willing to drive an hour and a half to his parents house (he wont tell me where he's living now)

i dont really think she needs him in her life but i guess ill have to now

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand the fuckers that try to undermine the care and comfort of their own kids.

That isn't a lot of money in the big scheme of things.
wymama610
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM
You are a piece of shit for keeping him from seeing her. You don't deserve shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM
My dad paid 240 a month til I turned 18....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

250 per kid IMO is fair...

me too but he says that if he can spend $120 on his son who is 10 months then dd then i can spend $150 and get by with extra

RhyneX2
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM

He's head of sheet metal, fabrication and welding at his plant.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does your ex do? I'm sure he makes way more

Quoting RhyneX2:

Wow....I get $1000+ for 2 kids(3 and 4). What does $150 get your for a month?

1sweetmommma
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1sweetmommma:

It doesn't matter whose heping you or whatever circumstances may be, the fact is that that is HIS child & HIS responsibility. I can't say if that amount is too much or not bacause I don't know his income and CSshould always be determined by that and how many other children the NCP is legally responsible for. My ex is only ordered $150 a month(that he's never paid) because he had 2 other kids after I left him. If not for the other 2 kids, based upon his potential to earn(since he won't maintain employment my state does CS this way) he would be paying just over $500 for my one son that I have with him.

he has one other baby who has to go into daycare because they are getting kicked out of where ever they are and they both have to work

Gettintg kicked out & daycare costs for his other child will more than likely be looked at as HIS problem by the courts and therefore, those things may not factor into his CS amount. There should be a website for your state with a CS calculator on it to give you an idea of what will likely be ordered if you know his income. The courts will not factor in his  SO's income because the child is not her responsibility.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)