Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone a military x-wife?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I are separated. I was handling the finances until I opened my email yesterday and had one from out insurance telling me our policy had been updated with a 2012 Chevy Malibu. I was pissed, bu then decided its time to push the baby bird out of the nest; he wants to make big boy decisions on his own, he can pay his own damn bills.

So what would CS be for two kids for an E4? I'm a full time student and have a part time job, but it doesn't cover much. We live in GA if that makes a diff. We live in separate city's. Not trying to rob him, just want what I'm entitled to. And anyone who knows about the divorce process who is willig to throw me some advice would be amazing. Pretty clueless here.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2012 at 5:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2012 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I dont get why military spouses want to kill their cheating spouses careers. If you kill their career you are only screwing yourself out of money in the future. Just use the info to help in your divorce negotiations.

Quoting Wintersdawn:

What would these women do if their husbands had normal civilian jobs?? Lol call the ceo?! Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

You killed his career, but he can still afford you? How does that even work

Quoting Anonymous:

He was married to ME.  I don't share husbands with ANYONE, co-worker, male or female, friends or his 'secrets'.  If his sexual tastes differed from mine, than he should never have married me.  I jumped way past chain of command, because my dad, a Navy Admiral and my uncle, an Air Force Major General, would have had kittens if this had been handled via normal chain of command.  He passed GO! and I collected the $200.  His bad, not mine.

Wintersdawn
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:37 AM
I would just say something to the effect " hey babe arent you supposed to report a change of income or something? U should find out to make sure you dont have any issues ya know." Just something light and act just treat it as covering his but from the courts kinda thing

Quoting kmorales7690:

i'll see what he knows about it, i try not to tell him what to do with that situation, i just feel like its not my place.  now if its my kids i have no problem bossing him around! lol i'm kidding i try not to.

Quoting Wintersdawn:

He can and should file to have it adjusted. Besides i think he is supposed to report income change

Quoting kmorales7690:

I think my husbands cs payment is so much because their custody agreement and cs and all that was filed for when he was deployed, and he was making like 500 dollars more a month than he is now.  which was fine then but we still make it by so were not rocking the boat.

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Thats where we are too :). I understand all about that i dont complain about support unless he wants to lower it because he "cant afford to pay us both the same" and this was even before the had the baby, still pregnant, and before they split up.

Quoting kmorales7690:

yes, we are currently at fort hood. And i really try to be, my husbands ex doesnt exactly make it easy, she acts like her son needs more than the 500 a month.  Shes always asking us to send him clothes or more money, when we just cant, I mean we barely scrape by ourselves. Being a step parent is harder than being a parent to me.  I love the kid like hes my own, but am not allowed to even see him unless my husband is with me.  It takes a lot of patience to keep my mouth shut and my nose out from where it doesnt belong

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Yea karma tho cuz she left him and is now demanding to get just as much as i do whatever the final number is but sh doesnt understand thats not how it works. Sounds like ur reasonable about it tho! Are you at a post in tx?

Quoting kmorales7690:

aww, thats wrong, i guess you could say i am the other girl, and we are working on our second child together, we probably dont have the money to spend on both of ours together, that his ex gets for their one child, but I knew coming into this relationship what was involved, i would never ask him to take away from his son, for my children! 

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Nice. Me too lol my ex is trying to fight mine cuz he knkcked some other girl up hahaha

Quoting kmorales7690:

txQuoting Wintersdawn:

What state?

Quoting kmorales7690:

i know that for one child, my husband pays about 500 a month! hes an E4 too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2012 at 7:37 AM
You need to get a real job and not count on your soon to be ex.
Wintersdawn
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Agreed. Women just get all emotional and crazy eyed and lash out instead of using logic and making him be responsible for his actions in a more productive way

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I dont get why military spouses want to kill their cheating spouses careers. If you kill their career you are only screwing yourself out of money in the future. Just use the info to help in your divorce negotiations.

Quoting Wintersdawn:

What would these women do if their husbands had normal civilian jobs?? Lol call the ceo?! Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

You killed his career, but he can still afford you? How does that even work

Quoting Anonymous:

He was married to ME.  I don't share husbands with ANYONE, co-worker, male or female, friends or his 'secrets'.  If his sexual tastes differed from mine, than he should never have married me.  I jumped way past chain of command, because my dad, a Navy Admiral and my uncle, an Air Force Major General, would have had kittens if this had been handled via normal chain of command.  He passed GO! and I collected the $200.  His bad, not mine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Just so you know, any debt incurred during a marriage is the debt of both parties. So when you get divorced, you will be paying for half of that vehicle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM

He still has 'Dr.' in front of his name.  He makes plenty.  If he was screwing his patients, I would have called the hospital administrator and killed his career there, too. 

marie85
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2012 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I get so sick of seeing that. Child support is to support the children , that means to provide for them. Basic necessities is all it normally covers anyway and in most cases not even that. So what is your point in saying that should go to the kids. For what? Toys , savings , a car ... what? The money should not go to the kids , it should go towards the household expenses. In most cases the custodial parent still needs to put far more into the household then the non-custodial. 

Quoting bluespagan:

It depends on the state.  The military will not handle any civilian claims like CS or alimony. 

I was active military for 5 years and was previously married to a military member.  The best thing that you can do if you start running into issues is to take any issues to his 1st Sgt (not his commander!).  His 1st Sgt can be a great liason to ensure that he does what he needs to. 

And PS, YOU are not entitled to CS, your children are the ones who should get that money. 

marie85
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Even if she didn't sign anything?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Just so you know, any debt incurred during a marriage is the debt of both parties. So when you get divorced, you will be paying for half of that vehicle.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Yep...when you are married, you share debt and income. They are also entitled to half of what is in each others checking/ savings accounts. That is what marriage is. You are joining together as one.

Quoting marie85:

Even if she didn't sign anything?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
all_4_my_son
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I think I love you anon :)

Quoting Anonymous:

He still has 'Dr.' in front of his name.  He makes plenty.  If he was screwing his patients, I would have called the hospital administrator and killed his career there, too. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)