Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone a military x-wife?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I are separated. I was handling the finances until I opened my email yesterday and had one from out insurance telling me our policy had been updated with a 2012 Chevy Malibu. I was pissed, bu then decided its time to push the baby bird out of the nest; he wants to make big boy decisions on his own, he can pay his own damn bills.

So what would CS be for two kids for an E4? I'm a full time student and have a part time job, but it doesn't cover much. We live in GA if that makes a diff. We live in separate city's. Not trying to rob him, just want what I'm entitled to. And anyone who knows about the divorce process who is willig to throw me some advice would be amazing. Pretty clueless here.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2012 at 5:30 AM
Replies (61-70):
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I came to the same conclusion but I don't feel vindictive.  A cheating husband who wants something that I can't physically give him would logically be the end of the marriage to me.  Once the decision is made to end the marriage I would access any benefits or support that was available to my kids and myself.   

Quoting bluespagan:

I don't get the vindictive bitch thing.  If he had an interest in men then he was hiding a secret and trying to be "normal" so he could fit in.  I feel bad for him and shake my head at her.

Quoting Anonymous:

She maybe a bitch, but she sure did come out on top in the end. I would have screwed my husband over too if he cheated on me with my co worker,an especially cheating on me with a man.

Quoting bluespagan:

And you sound like  a royal bitch who should have known how to properly go through the chain of command to handle your personal situation and personal life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I bypassed chain of command and went directly to The Secretary of Defense!  My ex's career ended about 15 minutes after I landed!

Rose87
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Look up: child support calculator texas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM

For an E4? He doesn't make shit, how can he afford a brand new car if he's now living on his own? I think you'll be lucky to get $300 a month.

ReadWriteLuv
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

THIS!!!! Are they freaking stupid?!?!? Why on earth would you kill your source of child support? Not only your source, but your guaranteed source. If you ex-spouse is in the civilian world they can just repeatedly quit jobs to avoid paying. If they are military, not only can they not quit, but you are guaranteed to get your money, all you have to do is notify their chain of command they aren't paying! 

It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Some people are just idiots. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I dont get why military spouses want to kill their cheating spouses careers. If you kill their career you are only screwing yourself out of money in the future. Just use the info to help in your divorce negotiations.

laird6372
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Actually, the CS length of payment is dependent on the state. My DH is active duty and his CS ends when my SD turns 18, graduates high school,drops out, gets married, or joins the military, because that was the state guideline. The military doesn't define CS terms, the state does.

JAG will help with advice and the paperwork, but they will not (and cannot) represent you.

As an E-4, my DH was ordered to pay $350/mo for one child, which is more than what was required (he offered that much). He also is ordered (again, offered) to provide medical/dental coverage and to pay all uncovered expenses.

Alimony would depend on the state, how long you were married, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Also, child support for active duty or retiree's does not end until the child is 24 years of age if a full time student, it is called post-majority child support.  My ds just turned 24 last year, so I got my last child support check last October.  While my children were in college, I always sent the child support check directly to the children's bank accounts.  It was not my money to spend.  Alabama law prohibits ANY child support money to be saved.

marinesfeeding babyteen girltoddler boytoddler girl
Proud momma of 4 kids, three of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I am. But I'm no help as we didnt have kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaOfThree789
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I get 1408 for three kids. Although I have heard that you should get whatever your entire BAH amount is.

My ex is an E4 and stationed in CA. With BAH his paycheck is about 1800.00 biweekly.
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:53 AM

my ex is in the Marine Corps. When we split, my DD and I got 2/3 of his BAH.

However, I believe that there is a new law in place that if you are E4 or below, you do not get a BAH (with or without dependents) if you separate/file for divorce. In which case, you need to file through the county courthouse, and most states will order 17-20% of his income, which is only his base pay. I believe for an E4 with 4-5 years in, is like 2100 a month. So you do the math. Good luck.

Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:01 AM

not true in all cases. When my ex and I divorced, we separated debt. The car was only in his name, he kept that debt. He had gone to school, he kept that debt. He had 2 credit cards, he kept those debts. I owed for a driving ticket, I kept that debt. There was no "equal split of debt".  Also, he kept everything that was in the joint checking/savings.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Yep...when you are married, you share debt and income. They are also entitled to half of what is in each others checking/ savings accounts. That is what marriage is. You are joining together as one.

Quoting marie85:

Even if she didn't sign anything?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Just so you know, any debt incurred during a marriage is the debt of both parties. So when you get divorced, you will be paying for half of that vehicle.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Student loans always follow the person.

It sounds like you agreed that is how you would split it. My stbx and I were also able to come to those agreements. But legally, his debt is hers and her debt is his. How that pans out depends on the state and the agreements they reach.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

not true in all cases. When my ex and I divorced, we separated debt. The car was only in his name, he kept that debt. He had gone to school, he kept that debt. He had 2 credit cards, he kept those debts. I owed for a driving ticket, I kept that debt. There was no "equal split of debt".  Also, he kept everything that was in the joint checking/savings.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Yep...when you are married, you share debt and income. They are also entitled to half of what is in each others checking/ savings accounts. That is what marriage is. You are joining together as one.

Quoting marie85:

Even if she didn't sign anything?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Just so you know, any debt incurred during a marriage is the debt of both parties. So when you get divorced, you will be paying for half of that vehicle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)