Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Taking care of my family is my JOB

Every morning I wake up change my sons diaper get my kids breakfast clean up after breakfast get my kids dressed and ready for the day. And clean house a bit while they are playing then at 1220 I take my daughter to school (headstart) come home put my son down for a nap wake up my fiance he leaves I pick up the house some more (cuz with kids it never stays clean) at 330 I wake my son up change his diaper again then go pick my daughter up. Do some running around (bank grocery etc) come home make dinner make everyones plates (including df) eat wash kids clean kitchen help kids clean room get kids ready for bed (baths, pajamas, dd hair and medicine on her skin) and put them to bed by 8 I clean the house 6 times a day. This is a "slow" day usually theres more yet my fiance claims I do nothing all day its irritating I dont even have a minute to myself all day long... Continued in replies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
NoahandEliza
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Being a sahm IS work. It's wonderful, rewarding, priceless work, but some people LOVE their jobs :)

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not a job it's called being a mother.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I get paid! So can i call it a job? :D

Quoting owl0210:

You can call it what you want but you aren't being paid to be a mother so technically it's not a JOB.

Seriously OP If your husband is going to act like that then insist on returning to work and let him stay at home. 

I am a SAHM and altho I have my moments i have to say I have the life. Get some organization skills and it will all be easy from there!! I worked the first year and by far that was the most difficult time being a mom. Im grateful we have the financial means for me to stay here with my kid!! I wouldn't trade my hubby for anything!!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Sorry you're stressed mama.

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM
He doesnt work he goes to school the only money we have is the very little i get from my grandma for cooking and cleaning and the little I get from my mom for babysitting all he does is sleep study eat clean (a little bit) and sleep more

Quoting TheMrs407:

Let him have the kids for a day.  He'll realize you do something.  DH and I both work, I don't during the summer because I teach and have summers off.  Because DH is a wonderful dad and has had DD for a few days by himself, he understands that staying home is not watching TV and making sure the kids don't kill each other.  However (and not to put any blame on you, because this seems to be a common problem, it's simply a question), but do you respect what he does?  Do you acknowledge the hardships of his paid job?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Actually my family includes my grandma and my 3 youngest siblings.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM
i get paid to take babysit my siblings and do everything for my grandma very very little pay but last time I checked they were family i never said taking care of my kids is my job did i?? No i said family

Quoting owl0210:

You can call it what you want but you aren't being paid to be a mother so technically it's not a JOB.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
He needs to get off his ass and get a fucking job!

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

He doesnt work he goes to school the only money we have is the very little i get from my grandma for cooking and cleaning and the little I get from my mom for babysitting all he does is sleep study eat clean (a little bit) and sleep more

Quoting TheMrs407:

Let him have the kids for a day.  He'll realize you do something.  DH and I both work, I don't during the summer because I teach and have summers off.  Because DH is a wonderful dad and has had DD for a few days by himself, he understands that staying home is not watching TV and making sure the kids don't kill each other.  However (and not to put any blame on you, because this seems to be a common problem, it's simply a question), but do you respect what he does?  Do you acknowledge the hardships of his paid job?

WhitleyLyles
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM

that is what I thought when I read this lol

Quoting Anonymous:

owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM
So your kids don't constitute a family? lol

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

i get paid to take babysit my siblings and do everything for my grandma very very little pay but last time I checked they were family i never said taking care of my kids is my job did i?? No i said family

Quoting owl0210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I am burned out on it lol

I want a job where I interact with adults on a day to day basis!!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Being a sahm IS work. It's wonderful, rewarding, priceless work, but some people LOVE their jobs :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN