Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 5 y/o wants a mohawk WWYD?*ETA* *ETA2*how wholesome were the 80s REALLY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And he wants to have it be red/white/blue... Im ok with the mohawk not sure on the coloring part. He has dark hair so I would have to bleach it... Thoughts? What would you do?

ETA: thanks for the ideas for the color ladies! My hair was pink when he was born and I have had various colors since so I am ok with him expressing himself that way. And like some other moms have said its just hair. Its going to get cut at the end of summer anyway.

ETA2: what started as a care free convo about hair coloring products has turned into a debate about how wholesome the 80's were... I feel a title change coming on...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Mohawk yes, color no.

_diva_
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I don't cut my sons hair into a mohawk but his hair is a Lil long on top so I can make it into one. He likes it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laciD
I would do a faux hawk not the full
fledge shaved head thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
This. My son has really dark hair and wanted a color Mohawk so we bought the colored hair gel. That worked. I don't know if they have white but they do have red and blue. That way you don't have to bleach his hair.

Quoting rokai:

I'd say yes on the Mohawk no on the colors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmc638
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM
he's young, mohawks on little boys are adorable imo and if you bought cheap spray in colors you could just wash it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I'd say yes to the mohawk, no to the colors. My son has a little faux-hawk every once in a while, it's great because when it's not spiked up it just looks like a "normal" haircut. 

PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I would pick one color I wouldn't bleach my kids hair
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I would use hair DYE I would use hair stain. There is this called Manic Panic. It's a hair stain. They sell it at Sallys and hot topic. Works pretty good. I have dark red hair and I use the blue without bleaching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymama23
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM

If he really wants the colors go and get the colored gel for his hair, this way it isnt permanent. 

lilbit53009
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM

i'd do it...but for the colors buy the spray in colors not permanent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)