Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Single, SAHM? How is that even possible?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't get it.  How can you be a SINGLE SAHM?  I'm not talking about unwed but living with someone, I'm talking about being the only parent, but staying home and not working.  How?  Who pays the bills?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
StevensCare4u
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Well there are two options for that. Either they work soley from home. Or they live off the government.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Its called family money and a trustfund...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM

We buy FS off of my DH's Uncles GF. But we are the only ones she sells to. We give her $50 a month. But I am her means of transportation & she also has serious mental disorders. DH's uncle always spends her disability check on Drugs. They also have a 3 year old. DH's uncle is in and out of jail all the time so technically she is a single mom. I feel so terrible for her :( Ur mom needs to realize she aint doing her any good by doing it all for her. Helping is one thing but thats enabling.

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister sells food stamps and lives in government housing. all she has to do to pay rent is volunteer 12 hrs a week and I think all she does is clean the managers office. My mom buys the foodstamps from her (food is still ate by my sister's kids) and pays her power, water. Her ex husband's dad gives her money, too. 

luckykarebear
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I have friends that are stay at home single mothers. They have invested in their own stay at home business where they get residual income for just using the products, which these products are safer for them and their children. It took work to grow their business, now the are enjoying the rewards of their hard work and growing their business more when they want to.

pinupbeauty90
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I was a sahm and I lived with my mom. I was single but had no bills to pay. My exs mom paid my cell phone bill. I did get $292 a month in government assistance. But now I found a job and no longer get assistance and I even pay my own phone bill. Lol. I'm a big girl now. I plan to buy a car and move out with my tax money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizz2011
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Maybe they got a big inheritance or get a lot of assistance and child support.

Lizz2011
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Or maybe she has a home business?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Child support, public assistance, family money.

Tricia1979
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Living off my 401k from my last job until I find a new job, which shouldn't be as big as a pain in the ass as it is, but whatever. I not getting any kind of assistance, no insurance, food stamps, housing or anything at all. I sometimes get child support but not on a regular basis. I applied for unemployment, but have yet to receive any so who knows. You would think that with a BS in art ed could at least get me a para job, but so far no. I quit my last job because it was literally making me sick, threw up and had sever diarrhea for 3 months and lost 35 lbs. Quit my job and a week later all the symptoms went away. The job was ok, working skip tracing in student loans, but it was so not me. I have now been unemployed and looking since Feb, so a single SAHM for now. Money is tight but I am budgeting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I would totally do that if I wasn't fat lol.

Quoting anime.princess:

Two words: WEBCAM MODELING.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)