Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would your dh allow you to...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

work in a place with ONLY men... some of the men are young and attractive?? Would he be okay with it, or would he say hell no, aint happening? 

Also, would you allow him to work in a place with ONLY women, young and attractive? Would you trust him to stay faithful with you? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
erika9009
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Sure,

I was an engineer.  It was mostly men.  You just adjust.  You don't go crazy on anything too sexy at work.  I always wore my glasses. 

I eventually got the rep of "Hot snake."  After I left, I kept in contact with a few of the guys. They gave me that rep because I looked good, but if someone tried to BS their way through a meeting, I'd call them out fast and furious (his words), like a snake bite.

WhitleyLyles
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

twovery stupid questions, all in the same post. Its a record.

staceysgorbach
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I am not his mom and he is not my dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM
I don't "allow" DH. I do whatever I want. He can nor will tell me what I can or cannot do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

a job is a job in my eyes. would i be cautious over him working with just women? I won't lie that it would bother me... but if it's bringing in money, I wouldn't say anything other than "i wish there was more guys in your workplace."

He wouldn't care if I worked with only men. He knows, as I have proven myself time and time again, that I can hold my own when it comes to dudes and their "pissing contests".

mewebb82
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We've both been in that situation. There is no way either of us would tell the other to turn down a job ever unless the we knew the other would be miserable with the kind of work. Income is necessary to live and we trust each other.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

What? My hubby "allows" me to work wherever the hell I want.  I mean I'm sure he'd have a problem if I wanted to be a stripper or a legal prostie, but otherwise it's my job and my vow not to open up shop for another man.  Same for him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I actually had this happen. I was working in an import warehouse and I was the only female. I just kept everything professional. He was ok with it until my boss hit on me and dh preferred for me to quit. As for him, he works with females but doesn't talk to them unless it's work related and only at work. I trust him.
MunchiesMom324
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

allow? 

DH wouldn't have a problem with it, but if he DID have a problem with it, out of respect, I would probably not work there.

randomosityblog
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

lol my SO does not get to "allow" me to do anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)