Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

uh.....alrighty then...

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 19 Replies

So my one cousin is expecting, and tells me that her doctor says she will have to have a c-section cuz the baby will be too big. Um, she's only 12 weeks...how in the world could they already know now that the baby will be too big for a vaginal birth?  She said the doctors "just know" the baby will be big and that her cervix won't open enough cuz it's missing the "stretchy stuff that makes the bones open"...Apparently I looked as dumbfounded as you might now, so she explained.  Did anyone else know that the cervix does not just open to let the baby out, it's real and main job is it gets bigger to push and hold the pelvic bones out of the way so the baby doesn't get bumped on them?   When I continued to just stare at her vacantly, she got all pissy, huffed " after having three kids, you'd think you would know this already" and walked away.....

blank starelol

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tecsabates
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I'm hoping she's just that dumb, thinkin she knows what she is talking about while pretending the doctor said it, cuz if her doctor is that dumb......

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM

lol um okay... I hope she finds a new dr or she is making up an excuss to ahve an elective csection with out have to hear every body with a oppinion lol.

beciase of not she needs to run from that dr. because I couldnt imagine a dr telling her this already.

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I'd totally be giving her a vacant stare too ....how odd! I don't see how they could know that this early! lol

kranger
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

HA HA HA, that totally made me laugh out loud. Someone I have known for a very long time tried to tell me when she first found out she was pregnant that she KNEW it was a girl. No question about it. (she has been obsessed for years about having a daughter) I asked her how she was so sure it was a girl....her response "by the way I'm carrying her". Hmmm ok, you dont even look pregnant, but I'm glad this early on you know how you are carrying her....she's on baby #2 - both boys so far.

I'd want to talk to this "doctor" ....by the way, how old is your cousin?

I'm still laughing.

bluespagan
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I am giving this post the vacant stare as well.  I would be looking for a different doc who actually knows anatomy lol.

Whisper85
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Yeah my jaw is on the floor. My ex SIL told me she couldn't BF her first because the baby was too big too. Whatever.

tecsabates
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM

the damba** is 26...I think she's makin the sh*t up myself....thought it was a pretty amusing story....

Quoting kranger:

HA HA HA, that totally made me laugh out loud. Someone I have known for a very long time tried to tell me when she first found out she was pregnant that she KNEW it was a girl. No question about it. (she has been obsessed for years about having a daughter) I asked her how she was so sure it was a girl....her response "by the way I'm carrying her". Hmmm ok, you dont even look pregnant, but I'm glad this early on you know how you are carrying her....she's on baby #2 - both boys so far.

I'd want to talk to this "doctor" ....by the way, how old is your cousin?

I'm still laughing.

heyma4
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

So...you're saying our cervix's DON'T transform into mighty bone bending machines while giving birth?

Huh, so that's why I didn't hear the autobots theme song when I popped 4 of them suckers out. That's disappointing.

tecsabates
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, I think that too. gotta give her points to creativity tho..lol

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol um okay... I hope she finds a new dr or she is making up an excuss to ahve an elective csection with out have to hear every body with a oppinion lol.

beciase of not she needs to run from that dr. because I couldnt imagine a dr telling her this already.

HezekiahsMom07
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM
O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)