Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mamas of autistic children EDIT******

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
When did u suspect that there might be something wrong..how old were they. And what age were they actually diagnosed???

Edit***
I didnt know we had so many mammas of autistic kids in here:(
Didnt think i would get this many responses but thank u for your replies..im going to bring it up to her dr.
I wish the best for all of your babies!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Bumpbump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Jenny_Penny89
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on May. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
5 months is when I noticed he was different. He didn't prefer human contact at all. He seemed to show no emotions. He was not dxed until age five.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM
My baby is. 5 months ... she doesnt mind being held.. she will smile sometimes and even laugh every once in a while but not as much as i think she should be. She seems really distant sometimes. Im probably just being paranoid. I worked with autistic children at the day care i used to work at. Maybe she is just a bit delayed?

Quoting divinedimension:

5 months is when I noticed he was different. He didn't prefer human contact at all. He seemed to show no emotions. He was not dxed until age five.

momof2little1s
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 yr I started seeing things. But looking back there were signs at 4 or 5 months, I just had no clue at the time. She was 21 months when she was diagnosed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coleysmama
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM

At around 3 mos old we noticed that our son really didn't respond to loud or sudden sounds. As time went on he didn't coo, babble or squeal like other babies. We initially thought it might be a hearing problem, then just delayed. He's been in therapy since just after turning a yr old.

He was diagnosed PDD-NOS, 2 weeks ago at the age of 4 yrs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Im sorry :(
I think im just being paranoid. This is my first baby.. i know all babies develop differently.. i just get worried sometimes.

Quoting coleysmama:

At around 3 mos old we noticed that our son really didn't respond to loud or sudden sounds. As time went on he didn't coo, babble or squeal like other babies. We initially thought it might be a hearing problem, then just delayed. He's been in therapy since just after turning a yr old.

coleysmama
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I was a special ed teaching assistant for years and thought I was being paranoid also and possibly oversensitive since he was a preemie with issues. I have 2 older children and although I know all children develop differently something just seemed off.

Can't hurt to have your baby evaluated. If it's nothing then great but if there are some delays the earlier you get some help the better:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry :(
I think im just being paranoid. This is my first baby.. i know all babies develop differently.. i just get worried sometimes.

Quoting coleysmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)