Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This B**** had some nerve .....

Posted by   + Show Post
I took my boys to their weekly playgroup today, it's at an indoor play are and is open to the public so there are always a lot more kids than just our playgroup. My boys are 2.5 and 1, they absolutely love this playgroup and we go every Friday. While they were playing my 2.5 yr old got excited and tossed a couple wood blocks in the air, 1 of them ended up bonking a 10 year old girl on the arm. I grabbed ds and told him he needed to settle down and be more careful, in the mean time the girl had ran and got her mom before he had a chance to apologize. She comes storming over all pissed off and starts telling me that ds needs to apologize. I said 'I know, it was an accident he is really sorry is she ok?' then I ask ds to say sorry, which he does right away. Then this lady says to my ds 'I don't think you really meant that you need to say it again' . I was totally taken back by that but ds apologizes again and is looking very upset by the situation. This bitch then proceeds to start lecturing him on how to treat girls better and how he needs a time out. Ok that crossed the line, I was about to explode. I kept my cool though as to set a good example for my children and simply said ' you need to back off, I can discipline my own child. It was an accident, he apologized, end of story. ' I really wanted to say a few choice words to this bitch but I refrained, I could not believe her nerve. What would you ladies have done in this situation??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I would have been livid! Hello your kid is 2 hers is 10! I would has told her her kid was a sissy and needed to grow up a little for crying out loud!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klewis85
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Who yells at a stranger's two year old that has already apologized? I mean come on. The girl was 10, one block hitting her arm isn't going to cause permanent damage. You are better than me. I would have lost it. Great job holding it in!
twisted_charlie
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The second she said "I don't think you really meant that you need to say it again", I would have turned around and walked away with my child. I'm all for apologizing and being courteous, but there's no way I'd allow a stranger to talk to my child like that, especially at that age.

MommaSmith678
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM
OMG and this little brat was cradling her arm acting like it was broken. Apple didn't fall far from that tree...

Quoting klewis85:

Who yells at a stranger's two year old that has already apologized? I mean come on. The girl was 10, one block hitting her arm isn't going to cause permanent damage. You are better than me. I would have lost it. Great job holding it in!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iea13
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
U handled it well.be proud.I would have been pissed too.what a biatch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSmith678
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I know and this little brat was seriously cradling her arm like it was broken, it was soooo annoying.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

I would have been livid! Hello your kid is 2 hers is 10! I would has told her her kid was a sissy and needed to grow up a little for crying out loud!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bublysns
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Wow the way she acted was totally uncalled for! I cannot believe she had the nerve to yell at a 2 year old. Even my 8 year old would have realized he is simply a toddler and it was an accident.

MommaSmith678
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I think I was too stunned, I have never had someone act like that towards me or my kids before. I could not believe the way she was acting.

Quoting twisted_charlie:

The second she said "I don't think you really meant that you need to say it again", I would have turned around and walked away with my child. I'm all for apologizing and being courteous, but there's no way I'd allow a stranger to talk to my child like that, especially at that age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSmith678
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM
That's how I felt, I could not believe the girl ran to get her mom over that. This is a place for children ages 5 and under anyway so I don't know what she expected. It is almost all babies and toddlers.

Quoting bublysns:

Wow the way she acted was totally uncalled for! I cannot believe she had the nerve to yell at a 2 year old. Even my 8 year old would have realized he is simply a toddler and it was an accident.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM
You did better than what I would've done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)