Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you not know you're pregnant....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

Like really, I knew the second he had a heart beat.

But I do know it happens, I just can't wrap my head around it.

My friends mom, has had 8 children, #2 died shortly after birth, so she has 7 kids. The last child she had she didn't know she was pregnant till she was in labor. She never had any symptoms, she had regular bleeding, which she thought was her period, and she gained a little weight, but you couldn't really tell. She knew she was in labor though, which shocked her, but she knew that much.

I just can't imagine for the life of me not knowing I was pregnant. I had that intuition knowing I was pregnant, about the time you could detect the babies heart, thats when I got this feeling like, I am pregnant, I took a test and yep, it was positive.

Have you ever known anyone that didn't know?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bearscubed
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I watched that show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and noticed a pattern, from the episodes I've watched. They're all big girls. Is this the case? I'm not trying to be rude at all, but I was just being observant. It's still kind of baffling because it's not really a legitimate reason not to notice.

militarywife09
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Watch a few more, there are a lot of thin girls on there too.

Quoting bearscubed:

I watched that show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and noticed a pattern, from the episodes I've watched. They're all big girls. Is this the case? I'm not trying to be rude at all, but I was just being observant. It's still kind of baffling because it's not really a legitimate reason not to notice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM
My MIL knew a girl who was like 16, and she didn't know she was, she ended up giving birth alone in the tub. I've always thought maybe she knew, but was scared to tell anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Yeah, you really have to wonder if they do know, they just don't really want to accept it, or they don't really believe it.

Quoting militarywife09:

My MIL knew a girl who was like 16, and she didn't know she was, she ended up giving birth alone in the tub. I've always thought maybe she knew, but was scared to tell anyone.

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting bearscubed:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearscubed
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I can only watch so much of that show, rofl

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting bearscubed:

nellyb118
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Yeah I don't understand it either. With my first I was almost to my 2nd trimester before I found out but that's bc I had bleed so it didn't cross my mind that I could be. With my youngest I knew immediately!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Lol true.

Quoting bearscubed:

I can only watch so much of that show, rofl

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting bearscubed:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I've never known anyone in that situation. I knew the first day my period was late...I just had a feeling. Test confirmed.

sweetpea1217
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM
I was 17 at the time and I didn't know I was pregnant until I miscarried around 3-4 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)