Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how often do you buy your kids toys?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I think we go a little over board. We have 2 kids and each week we go let them pick a toy. $20-$25 a piece. So we are spending around $200 a month. They have 8 large tubs filled with toys. How much do you spend on your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Probably about the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Bump
jonellg
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Holidays or special occasions I hate toys there are not many around here. I spend a small furtune but not on toys.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on May. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Not big fancy things but if we see something they like we get it. Sometimes its as simple as a book, others a small toy or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

who knows- he's spoiled @$$ rotten so it needs to STOP! we've started having him do chores- he has a chore chart and he gets an allowance every week. that has really helped

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Everytime i leave the house lol. I cant help myself....
lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM

We don't buy toys that often. We did in the past, but the kids wouldn't play with them after we got them. They said they'd rather have coloring books and art stuff. We just save the toys for special occasions/birthdays/holidays.

ZoeCY
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM

We spend a lot over the course of a year but for the most part we stick to just her birthday and holidays (just Christmas and Easter) unless we find something great at a yard sale or something like that.  Other than that she basically has to earn them, I can't even imagine doing a toy a week!  To each their own though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM

On birthdays, Christmas, valentines day, Easter, and that's it. Occasionally we will take them to the dollar store and give them 5 bucks each and let them get some that way or if they did really good at something and it was a reward. It's not because we don't have the money I just refuse to raise spoiled brats. (not that yours are) I just want my kids to learn the value of a dollar.

jlgnlmh0511
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Samee but we stopped cuz it was piling up and we noticed she doesnt play with them much anyways
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN