Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mommy Guilt, Anyone? I have plenty today...

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
No, I'm not posting this anon because I'm not perfect and wouldn't claim to be... so it doesn't matter. And also because this is the first time I've ever done something remotely like this.

I walked away from my daughter in a restaurant today.

I wasn't thinking straight, apparently. DH and I had taken her to breakfast at a bagel place, and we had been switching off who had her. He was gone to get coffee, she was sitting in the high chair, the waitress came by and dropped off the wrong shit (she looked stressed), I got up without even THINKING to give it back to her. Walking right away from my child in the highchair. I was only out of sight for a second before it dawned on me what the fuck I was doing (but a second is all it takes, we know this)

And now... mommy guilt. Massive mommy guilt.

And the lady next to us... the looks she was giving me were almost comical. If I wasn't so guilty I would have had to laugh-that bad. I probably deserved the looks. But yeah. I'll laugh about that later after the mommy guilt dissipates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM

DD2 woke up crying last night, and I never heard her. I noticed when DF brought her to me so I could BF. =/

talktojonell
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM
It is not the worst thing in the world. I would guess that a lot of your guilt is a delayed fear response. Lay it down and walk away wiser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Ummm...my son whos 3 was whining last night in his bed, was just restless.  I turned the monitor all the way to low.  : / ... 

marcyb24
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Agree!

Quoting talktojonell:

It is not the worst thing in the world. I would guess that a lot of your guilt is a delayed fear response. Lay it down and walk away wiser.

heyma4
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Once, when my oldest daughter was in kindergarten, my youngest daughter, who was 4, and  I went to wait for her school bus to drop her off. When it came and went with no daughter to be found, and all the other kids saying she wasn't on the bus I freaked out and started to run back to my house to call the school and find her. I didn't realize that I left my poor little 4 year old trailing behind me in the dust. Of course I only got a few feet away before I stopped and went back for her. Still to this day I feel mommy guilt for that! It's been over 6 years!!

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have guilt so bad, I can't even eat a breathmint without sharing it four ways.

-Erma Bombeck

lilfishbigocean
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

DD is 22 months, and she has finally learned how to climb up onto the chairs at the table. She fell off TWICE yesterday. I was standing right next to her - they go THAT quick!! Gah, atleast she was okay... She has absolutely no sense of fear, I thought that was a good thing - but now I'm not quite so sure. LOL

It's okay to feel guilty. My mother always said::
Accidents happen, that's why they don't call them 'on purposes'. :)
Chin up :)

smurfbitebug
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM
You have a good point. DH said he saw me, and could tell when I realized it. He said all the blood drained from my face.

He thought it was funny. But, then again, he lost my stepson at the flea market when he was little. So... maybe he is used to it. Lol

Quoting talktojonell:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Happens to the best of us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised that ya'll aren't tearing into my ass. Especially when I felt I deserved it. Lol

Thanks, ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)