Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't care if this put's us farther behind..i will NOT be allowing him in my house unless...

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

Me and my ex SO (of 8 yrs) ...have been separated for 6 months.

However for the past 2 month's we have been slowly trying to work on things , there have been a lot of communication between us about the past.

Now , he DOES live with his parents ( a quick run down because i know questions will be asked...he lived with his parents before we started dating due to having a head injury...which has now gotten a lot better...however i was on disability for a bad heart, and in Ontario if he would have moved in with me i would have gotten cut off..by the time my heart was strong enough to go back to work he had every excuse ( due to fears) of why we shouldn't live together..."what if i lose my job and we struggle..what if this happens, what if that happens" ...it is one of the reasons why we called it quits, which now that he has lost me he is really starting to think of what damage he did..amongst other reasons)

Anyhow ..the communication and understanding of both parties are coming out to be a good result..however this past weekend his parents allowed his sister to have a bday party at their home for their grandson. Grandson had friends over and they were in the ex's room playing video games...little did anyone know that their guests had bedbugs.

the ex went home after being gone all weekend, crawled into the bed to go to sleep and immediatly felt them biting him ( i had them about 5 yrs ago..i had lost everything , but because of the incident we know exactly how they feel when they bite). 

He immediately took off all of this sheets and put them in a garbage bag and threw them outside. Now ..HE is taking care of the problem within his bedroom the best that he can , however his parent's have not done a THING around the rest of the house about them!! 

Their lack of knowledge and lack of even wanting to find out things about these creatures are driving me up the f*cking wall! Apparently they plan on spraying this weekend , but even before they spray..the house MUST be prepped!! which they have not done. 

Bedbugs  take MONTHS to get rid of ...i have already lost everything i own to them..and i REFUSE to put myself knowingly in a predicament where it could happen again

So in order for him to even come into my home , a few things NEED to be done.

1) He MUST wash and dry a set of clothing TWICE...and then take them to a laundry mat and put them through the dryer ONE more time..before he brings them to my home. 

2) Before entering my home , he MUST make sure the the clothes he will be wearing to my home ...have been washed and thrown in the dryer before he immediately puts them on his body and head's out of his home. (which he is planning on washing / drying every piece of his clothing and leaving it outside in the garage)

3) Even after this is done ..visits to my home will still be few and far between..because i do not want to take the chances at all of getting even ONE little bug in my home. 

Our daughter will not be going to his house for MONTHS ( he does not know this part yet ) ...until i feel that his parent's have taken this seriously and have taken every precaution to get rid of the bugs in their home.

My confession about the whole thing ?? I am disqusted!! and i am mad at him! If he had moved out a long time ago like i had asked him too...this would not be happening! Yes, he could have gotten bedbugs living somewhere else ..however if he was living in an apartment and got them, than the problem would have been taken care of a lot better than it's going to be taken care of now!! And it sure as heck wouldn't be costing him so damn much! 

Ok..there is my vent. 

Yes i am being supportive about it to him ...hence why i am venting here and not at him

by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM
That sucks. I hope his parents start giving a shit soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM

yes, so do i.

DD is upset about not being able to go on her weekends ..but i can't let her go..i just can't chance it.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I wouldn't chance it either. Definitely not worth the risk.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

yes, so do i.

DD is upset about not being able to go on her weekends ..but i can't let her go..i just can't chance it.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN