Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Interracial Couples

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why does it bug some women so much?
If you don't care thats great, I want to hear thoughts from women that do have issues with race mixing.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM
If a hispanic or black man treated you like a queen would your mother care?

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother Caucasian and my father is African American. My mom didn't want me to end up with an abusive black man like my father so she discouraged dating that race. I dated a Hispanic and she still hated him. I'm not sure if it was her heavy influence or not, but all my serious relationships and my current one have all been Caucasians.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not that I have a problem with it, it's just not something I'd ever do. I have nothing in common with people outside of my race. I don't identify with them, I don't understand, nor want to deal with, the cultural barriers. I find myself attracted to those that are in my own race.

What really annoys me, more than anything, is white girls who try to act like the race they are dating. Face it, honey...you're white and no amount of makeup or talk is going to change that.

SFerber
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Having been in 3 interratial relationships (each of them serious)  I would say I think I do have issues.  Not with the racial differences but with the cultural differences.  It was crazy how belittled I was by the "other" family.  I could go on and on...but what I noticed was women from the other race were mostly not happy about white girl being involved.  I never really knew how to take that.

.not.angel.
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

Do you think they care more that women or men of their race date outside their race

Quoting .not.angel.:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think they care more that women or men lf their race go outside their race?

Quoting .not.angel.:

It bugs some men too.

huh?

Depends on the person and the reasons they are against it. Sometimes it depends on the race of the person that is against it. All in all, I've seen it to be pretty equal when it comes to which sex is more against it. Pardon the pun, but it's not a black and white issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I doubt it. As soon as she found out their race, she didn't care to get to know them.

Quoting Anonymous:

If a hispanic or black man treated you like a queen would your mother care?

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother Caucasian and my father is African American. My mom didn't want me to end up with an abusive black man like my father so she discouraged dating that race. I dated a Hispanic and she still hated him. I'm not sure if it was her heavy influence or not, but all my serious relationships and my current one have all been Caucasians.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Random but do you teach your kids not to associate or learn about things outside their culture?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not that I have a problem with it, it's just not something I'd ever do. I have nothing in common with people outside of my race. I don't identify with them, I don't understand, nor want to deal with, the cultural barriers. I find myself attracted to those that are in my own race.

What really annoys me, more than anything, is white girls who try to act like the race they are dating. Face it, honey...you're white and no amount of makeup or talk is going to change that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm black,and black men dating outside of their race doesn't bother me usually,here are the exceptions:

When a white woman tells me her black man told her that he prefers white women because black women talk too much/are gold diggers/have too much drama/are too loud etc.

A black man,who has dated black women ALL his life,UNTIL he makes it big in business/career,and all of a sudden "black women aren't good enough".

So that's MY only problem.My brother has spend the better part of his life dating non-black women,why?the black women he wants,intimidate him :/,now that's a bullshit reason right there.
AllieReed
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM
No problem here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM

They learn things about it, sure, but there is only so much a person can learn.

I wouldn't have a problem with them dating outside of their race, as long as the person treated them right. FOR ME, thought, I just wouldn't be able to do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Random but do you teach your kids not to associate or learn about things outside their culture?

Quoting Anonymous:

SerenaRose3
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM

My mother is a racist but she denies it because she knows its wrong obviously. When I first started dating  my dd;s dad who is Hispanic and sicilian( he is really dark with short cury hair)my mom saw him standing on my neighbors porch as my mom was dropping me off at home and it was starting to get dark outside. She says who is that Black guy who keeps staring at us I said well for one not that it really makes a damn difference he isn't black and that's my boyfriend , he is looking this way because he is wondering why I am with  some crazy looking white ladywho  is starring at him.

its ridiculous to not like someone who you never met just based on the color of their skin. Im glad Im not  like that.

mommyof3blinkie.gif proud mommy of 3 image by ILuvBobbyNXander
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)