Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are Y'all so Mad if a SAHM has a housekeeper?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM
I am a sahm and we are remodeling our house, I desperately need a housekeeper and a sitter to come to my house and tend to my kids so I can get this work done. I am in the painting stage and my daughter has put handprints all over the walls in wet paint,lol. But a housekeeper would be a tremendous help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Oh and just cause a person has a housekeeper, it does not mean they are lazy.  It opens up lots of opportunities to volunteer, do all sorts of things, etc. I don't have one, but I wouldn't mind having one every now and then.  I also know people who have them because of medical issues.  A woman can be a sahm, and have a house keeper.  There is no law that says the sahm HAS to do the cleaning all herself.  If I could afford it, I would have one come in once or twice a week.  My dh said he would love if he could give me that, but he can't.  Lazy would mean the sahm, did nothing, not playing with the kids, not cooking, never lifting a finger.  Just because she has a housekeeper come in does not mean she does nothing.  Or at least that is the way I have seen it with women I know who have had a house keeper. I have friends that do house cleaning and it pays well.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Quoting Iloveclay:

I wasn't aware that anyone was mad..

In every post I see where the SAHM says she has a housekeeper Yall act like she's not doing her job

NoahandEliza
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure about the whole it's lazy response. Just because you don't spend your whole day cleaning up your family's messes, you're lazy? A housekeeper could give you time to run errands, play with the kids, go out with them and have fun instead of letting them entertain themselves while you clean. Idk, sounds like a nice idea to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM
My sis in law is a sahm with 2 children 1 home 1 in school and has a housekeeper. She says she gets migraines so her dh hired one for her. My other sis in laws say she's just lazy, lol....I don't care either way.
Jenny_Penny89
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Quoting bearscubed:

That kind of sounds like a contradiction.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittyscreenname
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not mad, I just feel like it's not necessary unless there is an underlying medical issue. I feel that, if you are a SAHM, your responsibility is to your children, spouse, and home. Even IF we could afford it, I wouldn't have a housekeeper. My husband goes out and works hard for the money we have. MY job is to clean the house, cook the meals, and raise the kids.

MyraEllen
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Agreed.

Quoting Iloveclay:

Quoting MyraEllen:

None of my business, why would I be mad at a situation that has no effect on my life?

The world would be a much better place if everyone had that mentality..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

It's nothing to get mad about but it makes no sense to have a housekeeper when YOU ARE the housekeeper.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
This... I'd be happy if I could get someone just to do floors and laundry

Quoting cmeeso:

I'm not. I'm jealous! LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)