Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your baby is going to hell

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM
  • 122 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think your child/baby will go to hell if the child has not been baptized?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 288

View Results

I don't find it to be true or even think it would be true, but there are people that think if you do not baptize your child your child will go to hell if it dies. Regardless if you had the intentions to get your child baptized, if you were not a member of a church and had no way of getting it done, didn't know that, didn't believe in that religion etc. 

What do you ladies think? 

UPDATE:   I also believe this to be untrue for this simple reason stated here, when my DS was born I wanted to get him baptized regardless of what religion he wanted when he was old enough to decide. I called the church on the military base I lived at, I called churches outside of the base, etc.  NO ONE would accept my DS to get baptized unless we were members of the church.... So, if children are supposed to go to hell for not getting baptized and an ordained church person ( of YOUR faith) tells you you can not get your DS/DD baptized because you are not a member of the church.. isn't that against god? Can't a child die any day? Why would they risk an innocent child going to hell because they didn't baptize over a simple issue of being a free member of their church? 

by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope. We're Muslim, we don't baptize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleacorn
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM
8 moms liked this
I think a kind and loving god wouldn't send an innocent baby to someplace like hell and seriously wonder about people that believe in/worship any deity that cruel and heartless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2theboy1994
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM
5 moms liked this

Reason I find Christianity to be bunk, #78343792.

If any one G-d damns a child to hell, he/she isn't a G-d I would want to worship.

safi
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Nope. We're Muslim, we don't baptize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.ZombieGirl.
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM
5 moms liked this

Nope, I'm Pagan so I don't believe in hell.

ninja_squirrel
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I don't believe in any of that. My inlaws tried convincing us to baptize our ds, and my dh told them, if they do it behind our backs he will never speak to them again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM
4 moms liked this

My mom was raised strict Catholic. She had  a son that died  at 4 weeks. He was not baptized but the church teachings were that unbaptized babies go to a place called limbo (neither heaven nor hell) She did not believe in limbo and after she married my dad changed churches. I had all mine baptized at 3 months. But to answer your question is No I believe God loves ALL babies baptized or not!

A_Zmom
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM
6 moms liked this

no, baptism is a public demonstration that an adult has made the choice to become a Christian, not a requirement to be saved. there is something called "the age of innocence" while children are too young to understand the complexities of religion, they will automatically go to heaven if something should happen to them.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM
no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy_1034
by 2lilboogers on May. 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM
No .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)