Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i shouldn't feed ds so much because he's to fat?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

we took ds to the doctor yesterday just to make sure everything was ok since he's been wheezing for a few weeks(everything's fine it has something to do with his trachea being "floppy"), so they weighed him, measured him and we waited for the doctor to see if he was fine ect, after we got home my df's mom called and asked how everything went and he told her how much ds weighed and his length and i heard her say "stop feeding him 3 meals a day he's to fat for 10 months" my df's siblings and dad said the exact same thing

my ds is 25 pounds and 29 inches, he's a chubby baby and is losing the chub now that he's a lot more active, df's mom made me feel horrible, like i was doing something wrong and my ds is gonna be huge at 5 years 

i still feed him his 3 meals so im not cutting back his food because some superstitious woman said i was making him fat (sorry but shes really superstitious, nearly everything she says is a superstition or some old wives tale)

so i guess my confession would be, apperently im making my son fat *shrugs*

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM
First
NoahandEliza
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Oh good grief. Doesn't she know babies lose that chunk when they start walking? You can't put a baby on a diet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Uh unless your dr has a concern I would tell them to mind there own business. My oldest was 24lbs at a year I think 21 or 22 at 10mths she was super chubby and ate a ton. She's 5 now and is perfect but barley eats anything lol. My youngest was underweight for a while at 18mths she is just barley 20lbs but again perfectly healthy. Every kid varies. When he starts walking his weight gain will drop a lot too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

MIL...aren't they special?

fairyjester
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM

what does she want you to do , throw him food once a day like a dog????

JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM
If your pediatrician isn't concerned, then don't be. Definitely don't give him less food, if anything just give healthier options. Both my boys were between 26-27lbs at 12 months and they're a little chubby but not overweight.

Also, if you separate your sentences with a period it makes things but easier to read & understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Quoting fairyjester:

what does she want you to do , throw him food once a day like a dog????

i have no idea what she wants me to do but im not gonna stop feeding him three meals because she says so , i mean he eats when we eat, and gets grumpy if he just watches us eat so we feed him before we start eating our meal

ChivosPet
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM
DD eats us out of house and home. 2 meals and 3-4 eight oz bottles a day plus snacks... She weighs almost 30 lbs. she's 14 months and healthy as a horse. I agree with the previous posters that until your pediatrician says its a problem, it's not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

eating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured