Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

drinking coffee while pregnant!!! GASP!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So yea I'm totally going to admit to this one! I am a total caffeine addict! When I'm pregnant I still drink coffee, tea, and sodas. Usually only one cup a day, the rest is mainly water or juice. When i'm not pregnant i can go through 3-4 cups of coffe a morning, tea in the afternoon, and soda with dinner or something like that. I severely limit myself while pregnant without cutting it out entirely, I get all shaky if I go a day without caffeine!! So good morning all I'm having my cup of coffee before my 19 month old wakes up and I have to clean up the pillow she destroyed last night while she was supposed to be sleeping! 

by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
Aphrodisiac
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I drank coffee everyday while I was pregnant, well except when I had bad morning sickness up to week 18, a cup or two is not a bad thing, not like I drank it all day.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on May. 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I drank two cups of coffee everymorning and water the rest of the day. But baby is born and I'm back to coffee all.day.long. I love my coffee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Braydens_Mama11
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I did what I want when I wanted(I didn't smoke or drink though) with both pregnancies. And *gasp* my kids are fine though my son was almost born at 33wks but I don't think its the result of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I drank coffee while pregnant in fact my mom knew that at 3 in the afternoon she had to make me cuban coffee cause I would most likely be laying on the couch drooling on myself half asleep... I use to sleep the BEST when I was pregnant enough to make me drool LOL so I always wanted Cuban Coffee at 3 in the afternoon... but I did not drink sodas or tea...

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I worked with someone who drank decaf coffee while she was pregnant.

i'm 8 months pregnant with throughtout my pregnancy i've been drinking pepsi or coke but it's not something i do daily.

maybe once every 3 months. my OBGYN says that it's not good and i should stop.

I don't do it often. But the baby seems healthy and that's all that matters.

that's pretty much my only vice i have while i'm pregnant. i don't do drugs and i don't smoke so i think i'm doing a damn fine job. =D

soda is a craving that i've had while i'm pregnant. i don't drink soda any other time.....pretty much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM
I drank coffee with Ds.
With my older (adult) children, I ate tons of lunchmeat, tuna fish & all those things that are now no no's during pregnancy. My kids were all on time & were totally fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I can't do it. I just found out this morning that I'm pregnant and I'm feeling so guilty about the caffeine I had before finding out.
jonellg
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I just finished my coffee. It's the one pregnant don't I will not give up. I might even have some sushi, oh the shame.

danni1982
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I drank coffee while preggo with both my boys. I usually had 2-3 cups especially with my second since my first baby wasnt even a year when I got pregnant again.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM

no, honestly I think i just bleed during the first moth of my pregnancies, so according to that she was a month early, i have a feeling she was just on time! 

Quoting RubyMom0526:

So do you think she was early because of your caffiene.  I'm down to one cup a day because I'm going to be getting pregnant.

Quoting kmorales7690:

I drank caffiene with my first as well, she was born at 36 weeks and was 6lbs 13 oz, which is a really good size for a month early! 

Quoting bluespagan:

I had caffeine while pregnant.  DD was born 7 lbs 4.8 oz and is perfectly healthy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)