Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of Calling BF "DH".....Kids Calling New Boyfriend "Dad"

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM
  • 92 Replies
5 moms liked this

Outside of a long term relationship where the boyfriend is more or less the Dad figure for the child, what's the opinion of a woman forcing her kids or manipulating them into calling her new boyfriend "Dad".  I see this often with some women who have small children.  New boyfriend, the relationship lasts more than a month and suddenly, the kids have to call the guy "Dad".

I find it disgusting.  A lot of times, you find out this is the 3rd "Dad" these poor kids have had in a year or less.  And the women think there's nothing wrong with it, never mind the mind fuck it is for their kids.

Unless the man has helped raise them for the last several years, he is not their Dad.  He is your boy toy.

There's my opinion.  What's yours?

by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bearscubed
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I think if it's one new boyfriend after spltting from their father, that's reasonable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

i agree with you.. 

CocolateLady
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM
I agree with you as well

I have a Computer, a vibrator, & Chocolate..Why should I leave the house? ;-)

jessie_plus3
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I agree with you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

A-FREAKING-MEN!! I can't STAND women who play games like that! Or women who are "engaged" 12 times a year, LMAO. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:17 PM
No way would that ever happen in my home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddhattermama
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM

i call my moms new bf "father". This is her 3rd real relationship (my dad, my siblings dad and him)

TygerLily62
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM
I agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on May. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM
I agree with you. My son was 2 when is started dating Dh. He was the first boyfriend I had since I became a single mom when my son was born. My son didn't meet him for 6 months and then he called him "Mikey" my son didn't start calling him dad until we had been married almost a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I find it odd, but you're an adult, so that situation is a tad different.  I mean mainly women who have small children (9 and under) and practically FORCE them to call him Dad from day one.  It's screwed up on so many levels, I can't even understand it.

Quoting maddhattermama:

i call my moms new bf "father". This is her 3rd real relationship (my dad, my siblings dad and him)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN