Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3 Kids sharing a bedroom?? Advice plz

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This group has the most activity so thats why I'm posting here. Dh just got a new job and we are moving closer to his work. He is currently driving over an hour each way.

We found a 2 bedroom/1 bath for rent for only $325/month. I'm just not sure what the law says about number of people vs. number of bedrooms. There would be 5 people in a 2 bedroom....2 adults(me and dh) 3 children (All girls ages 6, 4 and 2). Is this something that someone could call cps for?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Replies (51-59):
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM
There are absolutely no laws dictating sleeping arrangements for biological siblings. You need to check fire code and the limits on the certificate of occupancy for the residence. That's where people-per-room regulations come in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

My 3 girls share a room....they are 13, 10, and 8. We have two loft beds and a twin in there and they love it! We have a 3 bedroom house and my teenage son has the 3rd bedroom...

1stpreggers
by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM

thats really cheap for rent what state is this ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 27, 2012 at 6:40 PM

TN, we live in the eastern part of the state close to the mountains.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

thats really cheap for rent what state is this ?

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I think it's fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhiannan
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM

that probably depends on the state, but they are all girls, and if you had a bunkbed and a crib/toddler bed, another bed, it should be fine.  and actually if you had a full/twin bunk bed, it would be legal for 2 kids to share the full bed, at least where i live.

mommynonstop216
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:19 PM
It should be good just as long as its a decent sized room not like a closet with windows
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wheresthewayout
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had 3 girls in one room for over a decade and it worked just fine

mewebb82
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I was going to say pretty much this. I know in AZ and TX, fire codes said that there couldn't be more than 2 per bedroom. Not sure about where you live, but check the fire codes in your state.

Quoting RobinBright:

There are absolutely no laws dictating sleeping arrangements for biological siblings. You need to check fire code and the limits on the certificate of occupancy for the residence. That's where people-per-room regulations come in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN