Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: MaNdYbEaR2010

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
3 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom is MaNdYbEaR2010, who frequents the Cuties with Cloth Booties and Mom Confessions groups.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?

The day I brought my firstborn home from the NICU. He was so life changing! That moment, I knew I was a "mom" and would never go back! 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

I am always in Cuties With Cloth Booties and Mom Confessions! Those groups take up majority of my CafeMom time. Haha.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

I like the fact that I can always find someone like-minded to talk to! Not everyone babywears, cloth diapers, EBF's and it's a struggle to make those connections sometimes!

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

Aside from spending time with the kiddos, I crochet for a payable hobby. It's relaxing and tons of fun to see work come "alive" and such!

5. What are your favorites:
Book: The Man Who Loved Clowns. This one hit home and really touched my heart.
Movie: Right now, I'd have to say it is Crybaby. I grew up wanting to be like the "girl in the red dress!" Lol!
Song: I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe
Food: I'm always up for Chinese! 
Place to travel to: I'm not much of a traveller, but I've always wanted to visit Alaska and Canada!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Hmmm... I think I'd have to say Ricki Lake. She is a lot like I aspire to.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

Relax. Enjoy the little years. They only last a certain amount of time and are over before you know it!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

"Mommy"

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I used to want to be an OBGYN. I am currently a WAHM and prefer that, honestly. I am not revolving around my work, I'm able to spend quality time with my family, and I have a bit of spending money here and there. It's really great! 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

My husband. So he can see it's not all glitter and rainbows on this end! Ha ha!

Now answer her question for YOU:

What made you become a mom, and when was this decided?

by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
VintageWife
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Great song and food choice :)

I always wanted to be a mom. From the time I could walk, taking care of babies was a must.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 27, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Thanks!! :) I've always loved babies. lol.

Quoting VintageWife:

Great song and food choice :)

I always wanted to be a mom. From the time I could walk, taking care of babies was a must.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

After I married I had my first child 1 year and 1 month later. I was on Birth control. So I guess God made the decision for me and it was a very good decision. NO Regrets!!!

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM

<3

Quoting Anonymous:

After I married I had my first child 1 year and 1 month later. I was on Birth control. So I guess God made the decision for me and it was a very good decision. NO Regrets!!!

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)