Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feel awful about what I'm doing to my unborn baby....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Maybe its just hormones or something but I started taking prenatal vitafusion gummy vitamins and just wanted the best for baby...but I read online that its not meeting the right requirements for being a well supplemental vitamin for my baby. Feel awful since the reason why I switched because I thought it would be better to get some vitamins than none and am scared of large pills...has anyone out there taken these vitamins and had a healthy baby???

Edit: thank you for responding but how did your baby turn out? and what vitamins did you take, and I have fears of doing something to mess up my kid....

Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Replies (81-85):
acaisha
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 3:06 AM

most pregnancy vitamins are just hype. There are some things you should take, like Folic Acid to prevent spinabifia in the first trimester, iron if its low, calcium, vitamin D if you live in the north or don't get a lot of sun. But most stuff in those vitamins are in such high doses all at once you pee them right back out. That and multivitamins give mixtures of vitamins together that shouldn't even be taken together. Like iron and calcium.. and calcium should be taken at night not in the daytime. It makes you tired. Regardless even if you never took anything your body would take from you long before it took from the baby. Don't stress it.

StarrTurner
by on May. 28, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I took the gummy i just had to take an iron pill with it. those are very small. good luck and my son is fine.

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 3:10 AM
That works ok...or it should. Just discuss it with your doc. I know several women who couldn't take regular pre-natals because they made them sick. I had to take mine with food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM
When I was pregnant I could not keep down the prenatal vitamins so my doctor told me to take two flintstone vitamins.....my kids are very healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileymarie723
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My dr. also had me take 2 flinstone vitamins, but he also had me take 1 folic acid vitamin daily. I can't remember how much folic acid was in each pill though. My DD is very healthy!

Quoting Anonymous:

My doc told me to take two flinstone vitamins. Prenatals made me throw up. My kids are both very healthy. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)