Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby and Toddler Girls wearing two piece swimsuits?*Update* Finally settled on a swimming suit!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 238 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw this cute bathingsuit at Target

http://www.target.com/p/Circo-Infant-Toddler-Girls-2-Piece-Ruffle-Bikini-Set-Inca-Red/-/A-13947977

and want to get it for my 8 month old DD.What do you think?

Finally settled on a swim suit and it fits her PERFECTLY! Covers all the necessary lady bits, her tummy, and fits on her bottom. She loves it too. I held it up for her to look at, she grabbed it and gave me a huge grin.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hello-Kitty-Baby-Girls-2-Piece-Rainbow-Tankini/17800767

Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I think it's cute. But I see them as babies, some people think it makes them look sexy or some sick stuff like that.
jridgill
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:01 AM
That's cute! I make some adorable ruffle two piece swimsuits. I think they cover enough and look fine as does this one. Some can be quite skimpy though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I love the ruffles! The color matches her hat too, which is another reason I want to get it. lol, gotta accessorize!

Quoting jridgill:

That's cute! I make some adorable ruffle two piece swimsuits. I think they cover enough and look fine as does this one. Some can be quite skimpy though.

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on May. 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I think its adorable. My DD is almost 3 and wears a bikini similar to that. I think styles like that are fine its the ones that look like the adult versions that I have a issue with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kattu
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this
What is the point of a bathing suit? To cover the body for water/beach play. What is the point of a bikini? To show off your body. Why would you allow your 8 year old daughter to show off her entire body?!?!?!
Nursesummer
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM
3 moms liked this
My dd is 8 and. Has always owned a bikini. Never had a one piece. I don't understand the big deal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambiibooxo
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Omg its soo cute. I just bought my 3 year old and 10 month old 2 piece bathing suits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

My kids always wore 2 piece bathing suits.  Easier to get them off to go to the bathroom, and plus they are/were long waisted, so one piece ones were always either digging in the shoulder straps or too tight in the crotch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

she's 8 MONTHS not 8 YEARS. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)