Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He told me NOT to post our wedding video on facebook or anywhere else.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
We have our first wedding anniversary coming up in August and I was so happy and excited. I asked him why I shouldn't post it, he says it doesn't belong on facebook. I was a little hurt by him saying that and it being so close to our anniversary.

If you had or have a wedding video, would you or did you post it t facebook? I will not post it simply because he told me not to, but I think it is just silly. What is the difference between pictures and videos?

Thoughts, opinions?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jacrawford
by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:08 AM
One I don't get told what I can & can't do no matter what it is & if someone tries I normally go against it lol but I see nothing wrong with this I asked my DH & he don't see what's wrong with it. He says that there are loopholes & that's why they were made lol he said no fb nothing about youtube right lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 28, 2012 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you feel a need to prove something? Why put it on fb? Also maybe its sacred and/or special to him
blessed107
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 5:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Boy,what were people doing before FB?

HollyBoBolly
by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM

I don't have a facebook.  We are very private people for the most part.  Our wedding photographer asked if he could use our wedding photos on his website and we declined.  We just don't really want our images out there. Maybe he is the same way.  I know it is kind of contradictory for me to be on CM with a picture, but I know aboslutely no one on CM. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 28, 2012 at 5:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe he plans on leaving or he's cheating. Post it who cares he's not your boss.
Mommy365247
by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:21 AM
Maybe he feels like it's just for you two.. :-) Ask him why he feels that way and tell him how you feel. Communication is key in a healthy relationship :-) not implying yours isn't just trying to help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 28, 2012 at 5:22 AM
Some things should stay between you & him. I wouldn't post my wedding video on fb and I wouldn't look at someone else's ( I don't view fb videos, period). I think you're taking it way out of context- he gave you a good reason to why you shouldn't. I believe people put TOO much on fb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camama007
by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:24 AM
I would post pics like I did of my wedding as we had a really small court wedding and not many friends and family were invited or couldn't attend. So it was my way of sharing with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 5:25 AM
I am assuming he doesn't have a fb? I can understand to an extent why he would want to keep it sacred. Maybe that can be the special thing that only REAL close family and friends can have the oppurtunity to see. *shrugs* but I see your point too. I would post it. Unless I was embarassed by something. But I doubt that is the reason here.
Mothmamma
by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:25 AM
The end of May is not "so close" to being August or at least it wasn't the last time I looked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN