Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I change my daughter every time she pees

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you change after every pee?

Options:

Yes

No, I like to get full use of the diaper

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 268

View Results

Even if the diaper is just a little bit wet. My mother tells me this is wasteful and that diapers are made to absorb a lot more urine and I should wait to change her until the diaper is actual wet. Do you change after every pee or try and get more use out of the diaper? My mom was a low income single mother so I think her theory might just be her being cheap.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
motherof33333
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I dont after every pee,but i never let my son diaper get soaked or hanging off his but,thats uncalled for. 

blessed107
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

When my oldest son was born,we would change him everytime he would pee. My other children were changed after the second round of pee.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM

You're right,I never want to see a saggy,soaked diaper.

Quoting motherof33333:

I dont after every pee,but i never let my son diaper get soaked or hanging off his but,thats uncalled for. 

LoveMyBugz
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I use cloth so I change them pretty much with every pee or poo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nangel5
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM
3 moms liked this

For those of you worried about money or the landfills, maybe you should use cloth diapers.  I just can't wrap my head around the fact that prople let their kid sit in wet diaper to save themselves money or think of the landfills.  SMH.  What about your babies skin?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Of course. If you don't, that's disgusting!

How would you like to sit in urine?
HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Not every time. I do when it's noticeably wet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Yea but only cause he holds it till he has to go and then pees alot we are working on the potty but yea...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNilsen
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I change when I notice too.  We use clotha at home and he uses disposabes at daycare.  I can tell by the smell when he walks in th door if he needs changed or not. 

Quoting nangel5:

I change when I notice its wet.  It may not be the 1st pee, but once I know she is wet I can't just let her sit in it.  I think it is awful that people would knowingly let a LO sit in pee.  Gross.  Especially in a disposable that smell the instant there is a drop of pee in it.  Ewwwww.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 8:35 AM

This...

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

I have plenty of money for diapers but im not gonna waste them...I like the diaper to at least be pretty squishy....not soaked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)