Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I change my daughter every time she pees

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you change after every pee?

Options:

Yes

No, I like to get full use of the diaper

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 268

View Results

Even if the diaper is just a little bit wet. My mother tells me this is wasteful and that diapers are made to absorb a lot more urine and I should wait to change her until the diaper is actual wet. Do you change after every pee or try and get more use out of the diaper? My mom was a low income single mother so I think her theory might just be her being cheap.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
MdMom289
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM

No, we do not change after every pee. We wait until it's puffy. My son has never had a rash or anything. It's not like we leave him in a soaking wet diaper.

AnnieMcD
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, my son was like a week old, and I changed him while a friend was over, and like 10 seconds later he peed in the diaper. My friend was like "you have to change this RIGHT NOW!!!" so eventually I let her.

She used 4 wipes. 

FOUR motherfucking wipes, for a single pee, from a breastfed newborn, into a brand new diaper. 

Wasteful bitch, you didn't buy that stuff. WTF. 

HaloWithHorns78
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Those who change every time they pee do you wake them up during naps or at night to change them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superm0m877
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Quoting shivasgirl:

no, it is wasteful, she could pee twice at least before the diaper needs to be changed, the dipaer is made to pull the pee away from the skin...think of the landfills

BJDoubleTrouble
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Go put an adult diaper on, pee in it, and then sit down and tell me how well it pulls the pee away from your skin when you are sitting on it. If the idea of that seems gross to you then you shouldn't be making your baby sit in even one pee.

Quoting shivasgirl:

well, yes..but she doesnt use cloth, she uses disposable, so my answer stands, since the diaper pulls the pee away from the baby, they can pee more than once before it has to be changed...they dont sit in the urine

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

Disposables are bad for landfills period.

Yes, we do change every wet diaper. It's not healthy to make a child sit in urine. We don't have to worry about cost because we use cloth.

Quoting shivasgirl:

no, it is wasteful, she could pee twice at least before the diaper needs to be changed, the dipaer is made to pull the pee away from the skin...think of the landfills

caito
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't. I did a post about this exact thing about six months ago and a few people tore me apart for it. We'd go through 20 diapers a day if I changed after every single last pee. A box only has 60 diapers. I'm not going to buy two goddamn boxes a week.

girl_incognito
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:06 AM

My children had sensitive behinds. I even changed the diapers if they had not used them and it was a hot day (causing moisture to accumulate and then causing a rash)

caito
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM

My daughter has only had a few mild heat rashes and one yeast infection due to medication. Her skin is fine.

Quoting nangel5:

For those of you worried about money or the landfills, maybe you should use cloth diapers.  I just can't wrap my head around the fact that prople let their kid sit in wet diaper to save themselves money or think of the landfills.  SMH.  What about your babies skin?  

Braydens_Mama11
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM
If I'm paying $30 for a box of diapers every 3 weeks, he's going to wear a single diaper for atleast 4 pees
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM

You need an other.

It depends on the age for me. When my daughter pees, she typically gets changed. She's 18 months and is beginning to be able to hold her pee, so when she pees, she needs changed. We use cloth.

My newborn son (due july 26th) will be changed each time he nurses, unless he poops between then. He will also be in cloth from birth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN