Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I change my daughter every time she pees

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you change after every pee?

Options:

Yes

No, I like to get full use of the diaper

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 268

View Results

Even if the diaper is just a little bit wet. My mother tells me this is wasteful and that diapers are made to absorb a lot more urine and I should wait to change her until the diaper is actual wet. Do you change after every pee or try and get more use out of the diaper? My mom was a low income single mother so I think her theory might just be her being cheap.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Replies (51-60):
marie85
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Shocked at the poll results. If the diaper is wet I changed my babies every time.

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM

When I notice he's wet, I change him.

Braydens_Mama11
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Exactly, she didn't buy it so she doesn't think she has to worry about how many she uses.

I was low income with DD so if she had too big of poops, I would put her in the shower and rinse her off to save the 10wipes

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Yeah, my son was like a week old, and I changed him while a friend was over, and like 10 seconds later he peed in the diaper. My friend was like "you have to change this RIGHT NOW!!!" so eventually I let her.

She used 4 wipes. 

FOUR motherfucking wipes, for a single pee, from a breastfed newborn, into a brand new diaper. 

Wasteful bitch, you didn't buy that stuff. WTF. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 AM

depends.  sometimes I do sometimes I'll let it go for another

lovemystinky
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I'd change her 60 times every hour if she had a wet diaper. No reason to keep it on her if I know it's wet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM
If the diaper was wet when I checked, I changed it... I didn't check them every five min. though.
I would change them at 2am every night though. Didn't want them to wake up wet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommototwo
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I change ever 1.5-2 hours unless I smell something ripe. We use cloth so it's not a big deal to "waste" diapers.

NoahandEliza
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM
When dd stays with my mil, that woman will use every diaper I pack (I think, in part, it's because she likes to change her diaper or outfit. In general, just mess with her). I started packing less and less diapers, but I still have to give more than I would normally use, just in case. If I take a diaper off of her after only one pee because I'm giving her a bath or something, the inside isn't even wet. If it doesn't feel wet, I see no need to change it otherwise (she has diapers with the blue lines so I can tell).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't change her every time she pees, but I don't let her get saggy butt either.

I didn't either....I had twin boys and this was basically what I did!

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I always changed my kids when they pee.

Who wants pee against their skin?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN