Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im on fs and medical ask me anything ETA more info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
Dh and i work part time odd jobs to make money, dh has a "legitimate" job but there's hardly any hours. I clean houses and set my schedule so i can take breaks as i need them. I don't see myself as disabled which is why im not applying for ssi. But dh sometimes cant even walk let alone do his job.. but he doesn't sit around saying "i can't" he goes until he cant anymore. We both have good days and bad days. We make the best of our situation and are always-ALWAYS- looking for ways to better our life. We were making over $3000 a month before all this. It started with dh getting hit by a truck. Then i was fires for missing work (tmi warning- my periods got so bad i was bleeding through tampon pad and toilet paper in about 30 minutes.. ended up in the er for how much i was bleeding..btw im also anemic, it was BAD) i get why i was fired, i wouldve done the same. But here i am.. not really knowing what to do.. im on bed rest, do i say fuck it and work anyway? Risk a stroke or heart attack? Risk something that could take me away from my son? Or do i give in... take a minute to breathe, to get myself fixed so i CAN work without 1) being a liability to my employer and 2) risking my health even my life.

With everything the drs are saying dh and i need surgery soon, but the recover is short and hopefully before school even starts we will have good health again.

Yup. I recieve fs and medicaid, ds has ssi, dh will start getting ssi next month and I am supposed to apply for ssi as well.

We dont work and will be starting school in august *fingers crossed*

And yes im anon because I dont want any hate mail lol but some of you will recognize me as I answer questions :)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Your real name was up there for a second, but I hope everything works out for you.  Getting an education is the best thing you can do to move forward, good luck!

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM
I can still see your original post. (And your name) on the home page...weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Talk about epic fail lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Your real name was up there for a second, but I hope everything works out for you.  Getting an education is the best thing you can do to move forward, good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Yeah leave it to me, the first time i post anon i screw it up! But oh well lol

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I can still see your original post. (And your name) on the home page...weird.

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Glad you are getting an education. What are you going to school for?

Mzrocks
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM

lol no questions. gl with everything i guess

Anasmommy1110
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Your annon now but you weren't before. Good luck. Im hoping to go back to school too, but I still will have to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM
4 moms liked this
I think milking the system to go to school is disgusting.
leidy2011
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Lol fail!
I saw your name but I won't bash. Do what you have to do to better your life and your children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)