Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im on fs and medical ask me anything ETA more info

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and i work part time odd jobs to make money, dh has a "legitimate" job but there's hardly any hours. I clean houses and set my schedule so i can take breaks as i need them. I don't see myself as disabled which is why im not applying for ssi. But dh sometimes cant even walk let alone do his job.. but he doesn't sit around saying "i can't" he goes until he cant anymore. We both have good days and bad days. We make the best of our situation and are always-ALWAYS- looking for ways to better our life. We were making over $3000 a month before all this. It started with dh getting hit by a truck. Then i was fires for missing work (tmi warning- my periods got so bad i was bleeding through tampon pad and toilet paper in about 30 minutes.. ended up in the er for how much i was bleeding..btw im also anemic, it was BAD) i get why i was fired, i wouldve done the same. But here i am.. not really knowing what to do.. im on bed rest, do i say fuck it and work anyway? Risk a stroke or heart attack? Risk something that could take me away from my son? Or do i give in... take a minute to breathe, to get myself fixed so i CAN work without 1) being a liability to my employer and 2) risking my health even my life.

With everything the drs are saying dh and i need surgery soon, but the recover is short and hopefully before school even starts we will have good health again.

Yup. I recieve fs and medicaid, ds has ssi, dh will start getting ssi next month and I am supposed to apply for ssi as well.

We dont work and will be starting school in august *fingers crossed*

And yes im anon because I dont want any hate mail lol but some of you will recognize me as I answer questions :)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Replies (81-90):
lovemystinky
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Close. Me sucking George Straits penis is going faster.

Quoting Anonymous:

Crickets!

No?

Quoting lovemystinky:

If a car is going 70 mph and an ostrich is going 70 mph, which one is going faster?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Hahhahaha i don't have a reponse to that one!

Quoting lovemystinky:

Close. Me sucking George Straits penis is going faster.

Quoting Anonymous:

Crickets!

No?

Quoting lovemystinky:

If a car is going 70 mph and an ostrich is going 70 mph, which one is going faster?

ShayNBrysMommy
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:50 AM
I feel it is smarter to temporarily receive assistance to go to school then it is to work minimum wage and more than likely need assistance for the rest of your life. I mean..receive assistance for 2 years until you have an education to get a good job OR work minimum wage since you are not qualified for anything else and end up probably needing assistance for a lot longer? I just don't understand the way some of you think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omm76002
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM

You know, me and my hubby pay taxes. I have no problem whatsoever if you NEED pa for short term, maybe even a few years! What bothers me, is people who have been on it for all their lives! Really? Get a job lol. 

However...I pay taxes so if...IF i do ever find myself in a pickle and need help I have a safety net. For those of you who think that your riding off the backs of others, well that's ok! My family would happily keep our money that we have spent all our lives to pay into the system and make our own nice bank account so you better hope you never get hurt at work of have a heart attack. Or heck, when you turn 65, you better keep working, no retiring for you! Lol:) I don't feel that anyone, no matter how lazy you are or if you just have had a hard life and can't make it, should starve! Every!! That's why we live where we live! We shouldn't have that attitude of screw everyone else I will take care of only myself. We all effect each other. If someone needs help we should help them! IMO

justgracie
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Actually, it's smarter for people to get an education before they make the decision to have a kid.  It's smarter for people to make a savings account and buy short term disability insurance.  It's smarter for people to plan for unexpected things.

This country is literally in so much debt that we can never repay it.  Increasing that debt burden is the stupidest thing we can do.  I am really apalled at the number of people on CM that have no concept of the debt crisis.  This is going to enslave all of our children if people do not change the mindset that the government should facilitate ease in our lives.

Quoting ShayNBrysMommy:

I feel it is smarter to temporarily receive assistance to go to school then it is to work minimum wage and more than likely need assistance for the rest of your life. I mean..receive assistance for 2 years until you have an education to get a good job OR work minimum wage since you are not qualified for anything else and end up probably needing assistance for a lot longer? I just don't understand the way some of you think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM
When i got pregnant i worked full time, was in school and had money in the bank. Ds turns 2 next month.. we were financially stable until a couple months ago.

Quoting justgracie:

Actually, it's smarter for people to get an education before they make the decision to have a kid.  It's smarter for people to make a savings account and buy short term disability insurance.  It's smarter for people to plan for unexpected things.

This country is literally in so much debt that we can never repay it.  Increasing that debt burden is the stupidest thing we can do.  I am really apalled at the number of people on CM that have no concept of the debt crisis.  This is going to enslave all of our children if people do not change the mindset that the government should facilitate ease in our lives.

Quoting ShayNBrysMommy:

ShayNBrysMommy
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Sure, I completely agree. That is best case scenario, but it doesn't always happen that way. In fact, it rarely happens that way. I am not going to pretend that I understand the government and the way everything works, because I don't. I have been working on learning more, though. I was just stating that in the OPs case, I agree that it would be ideal to use the assistance to better yourself, instead of turning assistance itself into a career. I completely agree with you. In fact, I have been on assistance for a year now. Food stamps and Medicaid for my children. Today was my orientation at my full time job and now my children are signed up for insurance I provide through my employer. I am thrilled to be able to discontinue our Medicaid usage. And after next month, we should be completely off assistance. I know some people abuse the system and do not take the debt we are already in seriously, but I do. And I am so proud that my children are now covered by ME and that Medicaid can help the next family. what would be your advice to learn more about the government and the way it works? I know some basics but I would like to understand a little more. Thanks in advance.

Quoting justgracie:

Quoting ShayNBrysMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 29, 2012 at 6:42 PM

please, just don't have anymore children you can never even hope to afford! 

that is all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on May. 31, 2012 at 9:11 PM

You know your comment is pig headed! Wow, what about all the people who have lost their jobs? Who made $15-$20 an hour working in factorys (my parents for example) who in our area made good money then the jobs disappered! What about the families that no longer can feed themselves because a man in an office give big companys tax breaks for the jobs to be sent to mexico!? Or my dad who is hurt very badly at work, put him out of work (on workers comp) for 5 years! Who can no longer mow his own grass more less work! How do you plan for these things? If you can't work, or there no no JOBS how are you supposed to not rely on help from someone? Would you like these people to just die? Would that fix the debt problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

that is all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 31, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I could afford my son when he was born.. dh and i worked full time + overtime and wasn't on any assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

that is all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)